Really need birth plan help

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I want to have a really good birth plan made up, so that my midwife and DH know my plans completely. In my past births I have had things try to push me into things that I didn't want to do, but while in labor I didn't have really the ability to argue very well. LOL!

Could someone help me come up with a really good birth plan or tell me a great site that would help me get one made up soon? Thanks.

June 7th, 2009, 07:15 AM
xanada101's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to xanada101 Send a message via Yahoo to xanada101
Try using this template my doula sent me:

Pregnancy Birth Plan Generator - Just the Facts, Baby

June 7th, 2009, 07:16 AM
mommabirdof4
I am going through that right now also. I started it last night...need to get it finished tonight.
June 7th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When you get done post it and we can help you more if you need it.

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
June 7th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy

My midwives had a birth plan they gave to everyone to fill out. They did most things I wanted automatically, like delay cutting the cord, keeping baby with you, and I trusted them 100% to make the right decisions and discuss interventions with me. The birth plan went over things like who you wanted as support people during the birth, the eye ointment and Vitamin K shot so they knew what to do after the birth.

Expecting baby #4!

June 7th, 2009, 07:54 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
just try to keep it as short as possible and use positive statements such as "I prefer to avoid the use of drugs" instead of "I do not want drugs" kind of thing.

I think birth plans are great and a fantastic way for parents to get to know every aspect of the birth and aftercare, but I think it's important to realize that it is very likely you will have to remind them most of the way what your wishes are, especially with the baby care. They get so used to the regular routine it becomes automatic. You really have to be careful especially if you don't want specific things done. For example for the baby bath (which they had to do in our room) I didn't want them to use soap to wash off the vernix, I rubbed it all in. I had to remind the nurse. So just keep that in mind!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search