First Draft of my birth plan...

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2009, 02:01 PM
mommabirdof4
Okay...this is what I have come up with...

Birth Wishes for ******, My Primary caregiver is Dr. *****, and my due date is 07/16/2009. My support persons will be *****,My husband and *****, My Doula.
Also I wish for my son and father to be present during my labor and delivery as their comfort level allows.
I DO NOT wish to allow any other visits present in my room until after my child is born. That is including my mother,***, but not limited to her.

I understand that my wishes below may not be possiable in an emergency. I would like your help in making my wishes come true. And I thank you for helping in making this a very special time in my life.

----I wish to have a nurse that is supportive of unmedicated natural births

----I wish for an unmedicated bith, with as little intervention as possiable.

----I am not planning on using pain medication or an epidural. Please do not ask if I would like anything for pain. I am informed of my options and will ask if I would like them.

----I do not wish to recieve Pitocin unless a medical emergency warrents it. Also I wish to discuse the choice with my support persons and my primary caregiver.

----I wish to have a Hep Lock (or saline lock) over an IV. I understand I am GBS+ and I do wish to recieve the antibotics for that. But would like the freedom that the Hep Lock would allow.

----I wish to move around and be allowed to work through my contractions in the way that feels comfortable to me.

----I understand that at times the baby and I do need to be monitered but I wish it to be as little as possiable.

----I wish to push with my natural urges, at my own pace. I wish to avoid holding my breath and counting when pushing.

----I would prefer to tear over an episotomy.

BABY CARE

----If the baby must be taken to the nursery, my husband will accompany the baby at all times.

----Our baby is to be exclusively breatfed...Please do not give any artifical nipples of any kind

----We refuse the Vitamin K shot and also the HepB vaccination at this time. We will sign any waivers that are needed.
June 7th, 2009, 02:10 PM
mommabirdof4
Any input neg. and postive would be greatly appreciated???
June 7th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
looks good to me, lol but I have never made one! lol

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

June 7th, 2009, 04:30 PM
lmunoz8517's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It looks good to me, don't know much about it because I am new to this but it does look good.
June 7th, 2009, 05:28 PM
mommy1980's Avatar Super Mommy
Looks good. I am a RN and its to the point and goes over what you want.

Arissa born August 28, 2009 at 1050 am

7lbs. 20 1/4 inches

June 7th, 2009, 06:06 PM
xanada101's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to xanada101 Send a message via Yahoo to xanada101
What about cord cutting? Do you want your DH to do it? Do you want the cord to stop pulsating before they cut it? Do you want the baby placed on your chest right after delivery? Do you want to breastfeed before your baby is cleaned up?

Just some thoughts.

June 7th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What about eye ointment? Giving the baby a bath? Rooming in with the baby?

These may or may not be things you have already thought about but I wanted to throw them out there just in case. The rest sounds real good!

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
June 7th, 2009, 06:40 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
I think it looks good, and the fact that you kept it short and to the point makes it more likely that it will be read and followed. If it's too long the nurses don't really have time to read it and won't.

June 7th, 2009, 06:57 PM
mommabirdof4
Rooming in is standard in the hospital I am giving birth in luckly....they actually don't have a nursery...just a small recovery area for c-section babies. I am okay with the eye ointment since I am GBS +...and okay with the bath since it is given right there with us in the room....also my DH did most of it with my son.

My DH will not cut the cord...it is up to him and he doesn't feel comfortable doing it...which is fine with me. I may see if my dad wants to this time.

Thanks for your input everyone!!!
June 7th, 2009, 07:44 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
it looks pretty good, short and sweet which is very helpful! Nice job!
June 7th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Looks very good, it sounds like you thought of everything!

Expecting baby #4!

June 7th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
looks good, im looking at doing mine this week and its helpful seeing what others have done.
June 8th, 2009, 05:00 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
looks really good. I would add in with the hepB and vitK that you understand the risks and benefits- that way hopefully they won't harass you over it.

June 8th, 2009, 07:05 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Looks good. My only suggestion would be to put a specific time for monitoring that you have agreed with your doc. With Dean, we agreed 20 min per hour of monitoring and had that in the birth plan. The hospital needed that because without the specific direction, their practice is continuous monitoring. Just a thought!

Also, what about contingency plans - if you have to have pit for some reason, having it turned off as soon as you start contracting on your own again? AROM?

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

June 12th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have no advise but thank you for posting this! I have been struggling with how to do this! Thank you! much clearer now!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search