Update on Me

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2009, 09:53 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to update you all on where I am. I know I haven't been posting as much.

After 36 hours of pre-spotting I finally started my AF yesterday. I called for my HSG and SAS (saline sonogram) appointment and she got back to me this morning with an appointment date of next Wednesday, June 17th in the afternoon for both tests. I will go in for FSH bloodwork tomorrow morning before work.

As you know, my bosses generously offered to pay up to $1500 of any medical tests needed since my insurance was not going to pay for the HSG. However, since my doctor found a fibroid during my consult ultrasound, now insurance is going to pay for BOTH the SAS and HSG for diagnosis of fibroids. WOOHOO!!!! I still have a $500 deductible and have already paid $325 for the consult, which I know my bosses will still cover. And now I can probably file the consult fee and hopefully get that covered anyway.

Although I'm feeling crappy today being on my AF, I actually feel at peace with everything. I'm sure I'll be a bit of a wreck the day of the procedures, not because of pain or issues, just because my mind will be racing and I'll most likely be alone. But I'm feeling good about it and know one way or another, we're getting closer to a family.

On another note, we had a housewarming party last Saturday and I now love my new home even more now that it's been filled with love, laughter and fun. Even more my house is filled with gorgeous orchids everywhere that people brought me. I love it! It was so funny how we had two different shifts of people come by, the early crowd which included about 5 babies and then the single late crowd. We rocked out a full 4 piece bank on Guitar Hero/Rock Band and had a ton of fun. Stefan's birthday is in next week so his early bday present was a mic stand for Guitar Hero. He completely Aerosmithed it out with scarfs! So funny.

We leave this Friday to Pittsburgh for 4 days because Stef's dad is getting married again at 71. It will be nice to get away. For some reason I fall back in love with my husband after even a little trip away. Guess it's so easy to get weighed down by normal day-to-day life and forget how lucky I really am.

And next month I plan to start my women's wisdom circle. I'm so excited to see how it goes and to hopefully create a bond and community in a way I've never done before.

So I guess that's it so far. That is until I get my test results back on June 30th. I'll let you know.
June 10th, 2009, 10:06 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so happy and excited for you. I think you will be pregant before we all know it. I cannot wait to hear about your trip, and your appt. Have a lovely time in pittsburg- I feel the same way after a trip away!

We all miss you around here!

June 10th, 2009, 10:12 AM
^RaineDrop^'s Avatar Summer Raine is 1 YR OLD!
Send a message via AIM to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via MSN to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^RaineDrop^
All sounds like really great positive news, I hope everything continues that way for you!

MY HOME WATER BIRTH WAS AMAZING

www.momentsbyheather.com
June 10th, 2009, 10:36 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Good luck with your tests! I am so happy insurance will pay most of it, that is great. Have a good time in Pittsburgh, too bad it is so far from my end of PA

June 10th, 2009, 12:00 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Hope you get some good news with the test results! Can't wait to here what the turn out is! I'll be thinking about you!

June 10th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I know what you mean about falling back in love all over again. That seems to happen to me too. I'm so glad that insurance is covering the procedures now. That's such a relief! I'm so happy that things are getting you closer to your family, Shauna. I can't wait to hear more updates!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

June 10th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So glad insurance is covering the tests, Shauna! Have a good time at your father-in-law's wedding!

June 10th, 2009, 05:21 PM
liveandlove0725's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAy INsurance! I wish I could go with you to your appt so you don't have to go alone. I am happy to hear aobut the housewarming - we also love playing GH/RB so I can imagine you guys had a great time!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you....!!
June 10th, 2009, 05:28 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm78 View Post
Good luck with your tests! I am so happy insurance will pay most of it, that is great. Have a good time in Pittsburgh, too bad it is so far from my end of PA
Ditto. I'll be praying for some good results of the tests. I had an HSG and it wasn't bad at all.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

June 10th, 2009, 07:22 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I will fly out to be with you at your appointment, ok?
June 10th, 2009, 08:06 PM
You guys are the best! Stefan surprised me and said he expected to come with. I honestly don't know if he needs to be there. It's definitely more of an emotional thing not physical & I'm not even sure how big of an emotional thing it will be. So you guys save those plane tickets for my baby shower or a visit after the baby gets here okay?! :-)
June 11th, 2009, 06:07 AM
woohoo! party in San fran this time next year!

I didn't have my DH at an endometrial biopsy, but I had him with at my SIS, and it made a world of difference. I'm glad he is able to come with you!

June 11th, 2009, 07:32 AM
noworries
That's great that Stefan is planning on coming with you! Sounds like your house warming was tons of fun. Have a fun little trip away for your FIL's wedding.
June 11th, 2009, 02:10 PM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So great that your ins. is going to cover most of that! You and Stefan will have a great trip. I think it's wonderful that he will go with you for your tests, too.

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

June 11th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I'm so glad Stefan is going with you. I'm saving up for my plane ticket now!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

June 11th, 2009, 06:32 PM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad to hear your ins is going to cover it. Housewarming party sounds like tons of fun! Every wedding we go to, I get the warm and fuzzies for DH all over again.

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

June 17th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Got back from Pittsburgh last night and finally made it home around 1:45 AM!!! I HATE AMERICAN AIRLINES! And then I didn't get to sleep until probably 3:30a. So I'm running on fumes today. Which might be a good thing as I'll be too exhausted to be worrying during my tests this afternoon. Saline sonogram is at 1:30p and HSG is at 2:45p. Stefan is picking up the car at lunch and picking me up at work to take me to my first appointment. He will have to leave for a 3:30p meeting but will be back to pick me up for home. Wish me luck!
June 17th, 2009, 10:27 AM
mom2bri's Avatar Super Mommy
Best of luck!! Keep us posted

Make a pregnancy ticker

June 17th, 2009, 11:16 AM
good luck, I cannot wait to hear the results!!!!!!

June 17th, 2009, 03:25 PM
I'm waiting for the HSG now. The sonogram was clean. She no longer sees the spot on my uterus so believes it was just something from my cycle last month. She still doesn't think the fibroid is anything to worry about but we'll keep an eye on it. They are prepping the room now for the HSG. Stef's not back so I'm nervous to start this alone. But ready & scared for answers finally. I'll update you all later.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search