Starting to worry... (and a question)

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Del4's Avatar Super Mommy
Not about giving birth, but WHEN I will actually go into labor this time.

My husband is currently in school and was supposed to finish his final phase (military - he's reclassing) the middle of July. Unfortunately the final phase started yesterday and the class was full, so he got bumped to the next class - which doesn't start until August 1st!

As a result, I am really starting to freak about when this baby will be born. I really don't want my husband to miss it or for it to mess up his last phase of school.

I was 16 days overdue with Reicher. And with the twins, I was 38wks6d when they were born, but I was induced with them so I can't really use that as a good gauge on how long my body kept them baking.

My question: For those who have had more than one child and were not induced, did each subsequent pregnancy end in labor faster than the previous??

I guess I'm trying to keep myself calm about all this, but I know your experiences won't make much difference in mine. Thanks in advance for all responses!

June 15th, 2009, 11:19 AM
rachna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My first was born 3 days after his due date. I was in labor for 26 hours, 12 of which were at the hospital (I went WAAAAAY to early)

My second was 5 days before his due date. I was in labor for about 12 hours (well probably longer, I slept through a lot of labor), 6 of which were at the hospital.

I hope he makes it! Thats really hard because it is impossible to know.
June 15th, 2009, 11:30 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've seen moms go over what their last pregnancy went to planty of times, especially when they have a reason to do so. Try not to worry! hopefully this baby comes at the perfect time for you.

June 15th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well, I hear that the third baby (I guess third pregnancy would be more appropriate) can go either way, I hear the third one is funny. You can go early or late, in my case my third was my only overdue baby, he was 12 days overdue, labour was probably faster, but I dont go extremely fast with any of my labours, I knew when it started and then I went to sleep (3rd and 4th were like this), when I woke up in the morning my overdue took about 4-5 hours after that, and my 4th about 2-3 hours after waking up.
My first labour was 20+ hours, my second was funny because I didnt know I was in labour till pain hit me (which was around 7cm dilated, and baby came about 5-6 hours later, but labour was obviously longer I just didnt have pains)

June 15th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My first was on time, and my second was 3 days overdue. I would say for the most part, women stay within the same range, if you have on-time babies, your other babies will be within probably 3-4 days either way. If you are typically overdue, by say 2 weeks, the rest of your babies will follow suit and be a week or two overdue. There's no way to say for sure though, one of the joys (and stresses) of having a baby.

I know the military can be pretty stubborn with thier policies, but will they let him bump back to the next class, so he can be home for the birth? There is just no way to know when a baby will be born, but it's probably safe to say this baby will come between the end of July/beginning of August. Hopefully you can work it out to do what is best for your family!

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

June 15th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
yeah I've always heard the third one is a "wild card" and doesn't typically follow any "pattern".

fwiw, my first was 8 days late and my second was exactly on time.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

June 15th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Del4's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks for the info, ladies!

Spoke to DH earlier and he's a dork! He was wrong about the dates -- next class doesn't start until August 12! He said "Hey, it has a 1 in it, right?"

Yeah ... not so worried anymore.

June 15th, 2009, 04:38 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awesome news, and boo for DH freaking you out like that!

June 16th, 2009, 10:34 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Oh good that gives you a little more time! Maybe you'll go a little early, and have even more time to get settled before he starts! (anything can happen right?)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search