Cheryl

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2009, 06:56 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Thinking of you, how are you feeling? Any new info to share? I hope you are able to stay positive!
June 16th, 2009, 09:35 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Hope everything is ok...still praying for you!

June 17th, 2009, 07:29 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been good, just tired! I've attended 6 births in a week and a half, so I've been beyond exhausted!!!!

I started taking progesterone, but it was making me so sick, even at 1 a dose at night vs the 2 a day reccomended. I weighed it out, and we did a secomnd draw that was really good (before taking the meds) so I decided to stop taking them. I've just lost so much weight through this pregnancy already that I cannot afford, and my baby can't either, to be sick worse then ever. I have already nearly needed to be hospitalized for dehydration, and it was only just starting to ease up.

My uterus is growing, so that assures me that everything is safe and sound. Plus hearing the heartbeat last week still has me on a high!!! I am just feeling really good about the decision, and if there is anything threatened I will have the meds to take right away.

Thanks for thinking about me!

June 17th, 2009, 07:30 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
6th births? when do you sleep?

glad things are going ok and your uterus is growing!!!!

June 17th, 2009, 08:37 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ummm.. I haven't?

This last birth I got to the BC at 11:30 pm Monday- got called as I was settling into bed, GRRR! Got there- checked equipment and charted. Took a nap for about an hour and a half then mom was 6 so it was back to work for me. baby was born around 6am and discharged at about 10:30am. Cleaning was mainly done by 1, and since I had to be back at the BC at 4:30 I just stayed, took another 1 1/2 hour nap, and then worked in the office and doing open house from 4:30 till 8:30. I got home around 9pm, and finally went to bed at 10pm Tuesday. AHHH! I was so afraid I was going to get a call as soon as I got settled into bed, but thankfully the babies are being good to me.

It was a great birth as well, so that is always a bonus for me, especially when I'm there so long. Usually I'm gone within 10-12 hours.

I love attending births, and am happy and blessed to be able to do this, but there are times when I think I would give anything for a really good nights sleep

right now I'm on call with two birthing centers and it is one of the busies months this year for both. Next month should be a bit of a rest compared! I think there are another dozen mamas due this month, maybe more! :O

June 17th, 2009, 09:42 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
wow! sounds busy but a good busy The lack of sleep will be practice for when you have your baby

June 17th, 2009, 10:06 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad to hear things are positive. But get some sleep girl!
June 17th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Yay! I'm so happy to hear that things are still going well. You must be exhausted. Get some sleep hun!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search