new to the board, expecting #3

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2009, 05:49 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
hi ladies! i'm sure i've been in and out of here, at some point in the past 3 years, but i don't regularly post here, so i thought i should introduce myself.

my name is jaQ, and i found out last week, ON my 25th birthday, that i am expecting #3 (4th pregnancy, 1 loss last summer). my big kids were both very quick natural, hospital births-- timmy turns 6 in august, and melissa is 3 years old. they are both from my marriage, while this one will be the first with my boyfriend, mike (43, together for two years).
i am determined to have a home birth, if the circumstances are right. mike is very leary and opposing it, but i am not bending; i've always wanted to do it, but never went through with it in the past.
we live in michigan, together, with my two, and we have his 21-month-old daughter, cheyenne, 3 nights a week. i am very AP, and he and his ex are totally traditional, so that's been a little tough, and things are going to be interesting, as we butt heads over breastfeeding, baby wearing, and co-sleeping.
natural birthing isn't super-important to me, and i had planned for epidurals and drugs, for both of my births, but they lasted under 2.5 hours, and 30 minutes, respectively, and there wasn't time. it won't be an option at home, but i know that i'm capable, and am excited and proud. i want to invite a bunch of family and friends to share my special day-- whomever can make it, is welcome, lol. in an emergency, my mother feels that she could deliver a baby, and my step-sister is a physician's asst., and my best friend since age 6 is in nursing school, so i definitely want them around, in case things go faster this time!
i am due february 20th, but my babies never bake that long-- they'd be over 9.5 lb. at term, so they both were kind to me (though i tore/cut terribly both times) and came out when they were ready, at 38 and 36.5 weeks. so, i'm hoping i will make it to february, to meet our new surprise. i adore pregnancy, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, and everything in between, when it comes to babies. i have had lifelong problems with depression and anxiety, but when i'm pregnant, without meds even, i feel better than any other time in my life.
nice to meet you ladies, and i want to congratulate you all for your courage and a job well done, in your own natural births!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

June 30th, 2009, 07:19 AM
noworries
Welcome and congrats. I'm planning a home birth this time around too and it took some time for my DH to come around but now he is all for it. I had to give him all the info I could find showing that home birth is as safe if not safer than hospital birth and talk to him about it a lot and just give him time to let it all sink in.
June 30th, 2009, 07:55 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! another homebirther here! My DH is super supportive of it, but if he weren't there is a ton that can help "convince" him it is the safer, better option. You should consider renting the movie the business of being born.

June 30th, 2009, 09:19 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
thanks for the welcome!

oh, i know mike will never come around. it took me a LONG time to even be able to bring it up without getting yelled at. he's incredibly anal and a control freak, and he isn't going to be okay with it... but, it is my decision, and that's that.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

June 30th, 2009, 10:35 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Welcome! I'm Cheryl, co-host here and mom to Acadia, born in Jan 08. My next will be at home as well, we are TTC right now.

There is a book about home birth especially for husbands, I can't remember the name right now, but I know Carrie has it. That might help him a bit. Hopefully she will see this and post the name for you.
June 30th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
welcome, my DH wasnt on board with my homebirth at all, he even had his mother to tell me how dangerous it was (and I am not even close with MIL LOLOLOL), so I just went along planning my homebirth (my 3rd was my 1st homebirth after 2 natural hospital births), saying that yeah yeah yeah we will make it to the hospital lol. Anyway he even filled up my pool with air few days before the birth lol and still wasnt convinced, but (and this still annoys me a bit) after we had our 3rd at home he said that was the best thing that WE (?) ever did and from then we only planned homebirths.

June 30th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congrats! Hopefully he will warm up to the idea, I know that it takes time for a lot of guys.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search