New with an introduction (Expecting #3 trying for 1st NCB)

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2009, 01:21 PM
E1izabeth's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies! I've been lurking here for a few weeks and thought I'd post an introduction. I'm usually in the Dec. 2009 DDC and the June 2008 PR. NCB is a really meaningful goal that I have yet to reach. I have had 2 babies so far and tried for NCB with both but it didn't work out. DH and I took 8 weeks of Bradley classes, read all the books we could, did the exercises and practiced and planned. BUT - I ended up with an epi both times. With DS#1 after 18 hours my labor stalled and my OB recommended pitocin and an epi because I was exhausted, panicked and fighting my labor, making it ineffective. I had 4 more hours of labor and 2 hours of pushing after that and had a vacuum assisted birth. With DS#2 after 18 hours of labor (sounding familiar?) I found out he was not coming down even though I was complete and was OP and needed to be turned which would take hours of painful stuff. I was exhausted and got the epi because I was already at my limit and didn't think I could handle not pushing and letting them do the turning thing without it. It took 4 hours to turn him and 2 hours to push him out.
So, here I am - the greatful mom of 2 healthy boys with another on the way. But I'm still trying for that NCB! This will likely be our last so I'm giving it one more shot, hoping for the best but researching everything I can to help me get over the obstacles should I have to face another long hard labor. I look forward to getting to know you ladies and learning from your experiences!
Fomerly known as 1SonSoFar, now awaiting Baby #3!!!

June 30th, 2009, 01:36 PM
mommabirdof4
Hello!

I am Nichole...I have a June 08 baby also. I am due anyday now with #2. I did not get my NCB with my son either and this is my last shot at it we believe.

One thing I did differently this time is hire a Doula that I hope will help me through it.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!
June 30th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nktigger99 View Post
Hello!

I am Nichole...I have a June 08 baby also. I am due anyday now with #2. I did not get my NCB with my son either and this is my last shot at it we believe.

One thing I did differently this time is hire a Doula that I hope will help me through it.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks! Good luck to you too - you are so close to your due date - in the home stretch. I am considering a doula this time but DH and I haven't made a decision yet.

June 30th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was going to say get a doula too, I had one with my first 2 births (now she is my midwife LOL) and it was awesome!! I dont think I could have done it without her (though the fear of needles and threat of section etc etc, is a great motivator for natural birth hahahahaha), My first labour was about 24 (maybe bit longer) hours and my doula was so helpful for me to have natural birth that I knew I had to have. I spent all my labours pretty much in the bathtub and pool.

June 30th, 2009, 02:12 PM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I commend you for still keeping NCB you goal. I hope you get this time.
June 30th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I hope you achieve your goal this time! I look forward to getting to know you better.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
June 30th, 2009, 05:41 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
welcome!! I am Cheryl, co-host here and mom to Cadie, born Jan 08.

Do you have a birthing center near you? That might be a great option for you. If not a doula is a wonderful tool in your toolbelt for labor, as mentioned. My doula was a LIFESAVER for my birth. I had back labor from a preexisting condition and my nurse didn't know what to do for it. My Doula knew to push on my lower back, that helped so much. She was amazing.
June 30th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl33 View Post
welcome!! I am Cheryl, co-host here and mom to Cadie, born Jan 08.

Do you have a birthing center near you?
Sadly, I do not have a birthing center near me. It is wierd because I live in a decent sized city and there is just no birthing center near us. My only reservation with the doula is that DH and I are pretty private and would love to have the birth be just us. I'm thinking I'll interview a couple of doulas and see if we can "click" with one.
Any moms here had hypnobirths? It seems like another variation on the relaxation and control that Bradley teaches but I'm interested to learn more about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
I was I spent all my labours pretty much in the bathtub and pool.
I love the pool for labor! With DS#2 I spent several hours in a heated pool and it was great. When I had to get out of the pool to get to the hospital (which had no birthing pool) that was not so good. I totally see why moms do water births. I am going to pester my OB about a birthing pool at our hospital.

June 30th, 2009, 10:02 PM
liveandlove0725's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!!! Third times a charm!! You can do it!
June 30th, 2009, 11:14 PM
rachna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I hope you achieve your goal this time
July 1st, 2009, 07:08 AM
noworries
Glad to see another Dec. DDC girl here.
I did hypnobirthing with my daughter and I loved it. I have just starting reading the book again (Hypnobirthing, the Mongan method) and I am loving it again. It has so much reassurance in it. I know ther are several ladies here doing hypnobabies which is proven to be more effective and is made for home study whereas hypnobirthing you have to take a class.
I think it's a great idea to hire a doula. She is there to help the birthing experience the best it can be for you and your DH.
July 1st, 2009, 07:16 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Set your mind to it! You can do it!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 1st, 2009, 07:27 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!!! I hope you get your NCB this time. I can't wait to get to know you!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

July 1st, 2009, 10:22 AM
Thanks again for the warm welcome and all the encouragement ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chispaza View Post
Glad to see another Dec. DDC girl here.
I did hypnobirthing with my daughter and I loved it. I have just starting reading the book again (Hypnobirthing, the Mongan method) and I am loving it again. It has so much reassurance in it. I know ther are several ladies here doing hypnobabies which is proven to be more effective and is made for home study whereas hypnobirthing you have to take a class.
I think it's a great idea to hire a doula. She is there to help the birthing experience the best it can be for you and your DH.
It's great to see you here also! I actually just bought the book you mentioned today so I'll start reading it tonight. I didn't know there was a difference between hypnobirthing and hypnobabies so I'll look into that.

July 1st, 2009, 11:06 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello and welcome! I am Veann, Mommy to Lucius, born February 13th, 2009. I was in hard labor with him for twenty-nine hours. You can definitely do it! I hope you get the natural childbirth you're hoping for this time around.

July 1st, 2009, 11:38 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
aw, i'm so sorry that things didn't go as planned for you, in your past birthing experiences. mine didn't either, but i was the opposite-- i wanted the epidural/demerol, but could never get them in time.
i hope you end up with a quicker and more tolerable labour, this time around, mama-- you deserve it!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

July 1st, 2009, 12:39 PM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
Welcome! I hope that you can get the NCB that you want this time around.

As for hypnobirthing, I haven't BTDT (yet), but we're expecting our first in August and I took a hypnobirthing class. I need to continue with my breathing practices and I'm also currently reading the book, Hypnobirthing, The Mongan Method. I'd recommend both the classes and the book if you're interested in this birthing method.

Good luck to you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search