Considering Natural

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Veteran
My last experience with anesthesia was not great. I think it was partly my fault. I started asking for drugs right away. I was falling asleep while the anesthesiologist was discussing my epidural. The first epidural didn't work. By the time I had my daughter, I was so disconnected. It was like being a zombie. I wasn't joyful or anything. I didn't start bonding until almost 14 hrs later.

I worry a little about the pain and getting to the point of not being able to have medication and wanting it. However, I want to enjoy this birth coming up in March.
Blog
July 9th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Veteran
I don't post very often, but I just wanted to wish you a healthy pregnancy and a joy-filled birth. I had my doula-supported NCB in the hospital and it was an amazing experience. Yes, it was difficult, but at no point during labor did I ever lose my confidence or my belief in my body's ability to birth. Asking for medication never even crossed my mind! Prepare for the birth by surrounding yourself with support, staying healthy, and reading and talking about NCB. Fill yourself with happy, positive birth images. Your body will take care of the rest!

Good luck!

<div align="left"></div>
July 9th, 2009, 03:45 PM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Celia! I'm sorry your first birth was so disconnected. I hope you can actually enjoy the experience this time around. Post away. I look forward to getting to know you throughout your pregnancy.
July 9th, 2009, 04:20 PM
liveandlove0725's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!! You can definitely do it!! We'll be here to support you, I'm so glad you posted!
July 9th, 2009, 06:33 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
hi, welcome and congrats on your newest pregnancy! I'm Cheryl, co-host here and mommy to Acadia who is 18 months old. Thanks for joining us, jump right in!
July 10th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Veteran
Hubby is just okay with it, but I think he's mainly worried about me. Our first babe was 9lb , 4 oz.
Blog
July 10th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
I hope that you'll get the NCB that you would like this time around. I find that pumping my brain with as much knowledge as I can find has been very beneficial to me. If you are a reader, you may start empowering your brain with positive birth stories and positive natural birthing information. This board has a lot of positive NCB stories. I'd also recommend reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. It's a terrific book with a lot of great information regarding natural childbirth.
July 10th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Im in the same boat as you. I had an epi with DD and didn't like the experience so Im going for a NCB with a doula this time around. I hope you get the birth you want!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search