sk8termaiden/Kellie ????

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2009, 05:01 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
any news??? I am DYING!
July 12th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
According to the July DDC, she ended up pushing for 6 hours and needed a transfer and had a c-section due to aspiration of meconium. But she had her baby girl!
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
July 12th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
yay what she said. I would link but I only hve a sec and then I have to get off.

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

July 12th, 2009, 07:14 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
wow, that must have happened today, since I went searching for myself last night and she was still pregnant. 6 hours is a lot.....I pushed for 3 hours and that was tough enough.

I'm going to go look
July 12th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
there are no updates from Kellie yet, so we actually dont know anything else at this point

July 12th, 2009, 10:21 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dude she is like super power woman.....i have NEVER seen or heck even HEARD of someone pushing for SIX hours---That girl is AMAZING! I hope to be half as tough as that!
July 13th, 2009, 06:54 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awwww, wow! That is a heck of a long time to push.

I hope baby is ok, and that any aspiration is minimal.

July 19th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi guys. We were finally all released Friday and are home. Really it was the transfer story from hell. We got an OB who has a personal vendetta against natural birth, let alone homebirth, and then the NICU tried to hold my baby hostage for every piddly little thing. She did have meconium (we believe it happened on the way to the hospital, because my water had been leaking clear the whole labor), but they got it out and none reached her lungs, which was really good. I developed high blood pressure during the labor, which continued after, ao they've put me on procardia.

The labor itself was really awesome, as far as labors go. I dilated really quickly, and it probably only lasted 8-9 hours until I was complete. Well, almost complete, they had me push past a small ring of cervix that was left, which was SO painful. Then I pushed, and pushed, and pushed. From 3 until 9 am. By the last two hours I was absolutely dying, and she was not moving down at all. 6 hours of pushing and she had not moved since the first one.

At that point I knew it was over and we chose to go to the nearest hospital, instead of the good one, because of the amount of pain that I was in. I didn't have the energy to push anymore, and those pushing contractions are so painful when you can't push against them. I had a small, small hope that I could get an epidural and rest and keep pushing, but I knew that in reality she was totally stuck.

The doctor was, as my mom put it, "The reason women have homebirths" and offered us c-section as the only option. In the end, it was the right choice, but he wouldn't even discuss the other possibilities, he just kept yelling and ranting.

They actually had to have a nurse push the baby back up, because he couldn't get her out from the incision. It took them quite a while to work her free, she was really stuck. Then they suctioned her and took her away and I didn't get to see her for 20 hours, which makes me cry every time I think about it. She was fine, and just on IV ABX, and they wouldn't let me up for a certain number of hours even after the spinal wore off. I kept begging and begging and they were sympathetic but there were so many rules.

It just kills me to have gone through the entire labor so well and to know we could have done it, but that my 7lb 10 oz baby with the 15 inch head that I know I could have easily pushed out, turned OT for the first time in my entire pregnancy and wouldn't budge.

And now I have this c-section scar, that I don't even trust because of the agenda of the dr who did it, and all these fears about having a future child, because the realistic options are pretty much c-sec in hospital or VBAC at home, and I'm so wary of this situation happening again.

I will say though, that I personally believe anyone who opts for a c-section is insane. I would go through a labor 5 times as bad and 3 times as long before it would even compare to c section recovery.

I'm sorry to go on so long. I feel traumatized and cheated. It is hard to work so hard for an outcome and get the exact opposite.

July 19th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy

I hope you are able to find peace about your birth. You did a wonderful job mama and you have a healthy, beautiful little girl as the result! Focus on the positives of your birth experience and I hope you are able to have a natural VBAC next time!

July 19th, 2009, 06:31 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on your daughter!!! Sounds like you did great. That's really horrible how mean the doctor was.... no one should have to go through that with someone who's not supportive. I hope you heal quickly!

July 19th, 2009, 07:17 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry you were treated so poorly by that doctor, and that it took so long for you to hold or see your baby. No one deserves to be treated that way, and it overshadows the beautiful and powerful labor that you had. Talk to your midwife, and it wouldn't be out of line at all to write a letter or call the chief of obstetrics.

I hope you can find healing and rediscover your faith in your body.

Enjoy your sweet baby, she will surely be the silver lining for you.

July 19th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
HUGS!!!

Im sorry you didn't get the birth you wanted but at least you have your beautiful baby girl!! Hopefully time will heal your emotional wounds and by the next baby you will be focused and prepared to get the birth you want and deserve.

Congrats!!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
July 19th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
(((hugs)))) oh honey, I can't believe they treated you that way!! 20 hours to see your baby??? what was that about? I have never heard of them not allowing after a few hours. I am so sorry. You are one strong woman for pushing for 6 hours!!!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

July 19th, 2009, 09:54 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
i sent you a pm as soon as i heard, feel free to pm me if you want to talk. your experience sounds awful. your surgeon was worse than mine, mine was a fine surgeon, but she was nasty and had poor bedside manner and told me if i did not have the c section my baby would most likely suffer severe neurological damage. The recovery from the surgery is hard and that anyone chooses one is beyond me, i agree.
I am so sad for you that you could not see your baby for 20 hours. That is just torturous. It just broke my heart reading your post. I knew a c section was my only option, but i still felt cheated and that i missed out on certain things i really was looking forward by having a NCB at the birth center. as time goes on (i am at 8 weeks tomorrow) i think less about it. the scar is gross and my abdomen in numb. it sucks. no way around that.

I believe everything happens for a reason and like to think that there is SOME reason WHY my DD turned frank breech after almost 24 hours of labor. Maybe something bad was going to happen during my labor and she turned preventing a bad outcome for her. i dunno. this is all i can tell myself to make it ok the c-section board here was very supportive when i posted on there after my surgery.

((((hugs)))))

July 19th, 2009, 12:04 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I'm heart is just crying for you....I am so sorry you had a crappy OB and they didn't let you see your baby for 20hrs.
I'm am SO glad your little girl is ok and doing well,.....can't wait to see pictures of her

I hope you heal both physically and emotionally after such a hard situation.
July 19th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Del4's Avatar Super Mommy
Ditto to Angela! I am just so sorry, Kellie.

I hope your emotional wounds will eventually heal from this. Right now it's all so fresh, it's hard to imagine that, but I am guessing you will in time.

I am so thankful you are both okay, though. And 20 hours seems incredibly long to me. I've never heard of them keeping baby from mom for more than a few hours. I would definitely write a very strongly worded letter to the hospital when you are ready.

July 19th, 2009, 01:44 PM
liveandlove0725's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Be proud that you did EVERYTHING that you could. We are proud of you and can't wait to see pics. BIG HUS sweetie.
July 20th, 2009, 07:04 AM
.adi.
oh Kellie I'm sorry
July 20th, 2009, 08:56 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Kellie you are so strong! The battle you just went through to have your little girl safely is one that will not be forgotten easily. I am sorry things went so poopy but hopefully everything will go smooth for the next birth. Find joy and peace with your sweet girl and with time hopefully the wounds will heal.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 20th, 2009, 01:48 PM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kellie - I'm so sorry the surgeon was such a jerk. He made a frustrating situation much worse than it had to be. Pushing for 6 hours is AMAZING!!! and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I'm glad the meconium didn't make it to her lungs!! I hope you start to heal both physically and emotionally!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search