Birthing Methods....

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have finished reading the Bradley Method book and really loved it!!

Then I got onto looking into Hypnobirthing or Mongan Method.

My questions are has anyone used either of the two... and can I incorporate both???
July 15th, 2009, 01:12 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
frm my understanding hyphnobirthing stands on it's own, and isn't well incorporated. But hypnobabies is easier to use with others

Hopefully others will chime in though, I could be wrong!

July 15th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I did Bradley on its own and loved it.

July 15th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Jackate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I read the Bradley book before my first birth...it just didn't really click with me, I plan on reading the book again this time. I have done a lot of reading about Hypnobabies and Hynobirthing but I haven't actually used the programs yet....Hypnbabies is on it's way to me tomm. I should have it sometime next week. My doula is well trained in the Bradley method and after speaking with her today she seems to think that we can use Hypnobabies and Bradley to work pretty well together...I've very excited about the Hypnobabies..I think it' will be perfect for me.

July 15th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhylite21 View Post
I did Bradley on its own and loved it.

I have the book and really liked it the only problem is that the closest bradley method class is almost 3 hours from me... So I am trying to get as much info as possible on birthing and natural birth.

I am not going to be taking the hospital birthing classes due to schedule conflicts and their basing it off Lamaze.
July 15th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Jackate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^that is my problem with the classes too..and thats another reason I wanted to do Hynobabies, because it is a home study program.

July 15th, 2009, 06:52 PM
silverlife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The Hypnobabies program says in its material that it isn't meant to be done with Bradley. I guess the Bradley method teaching how to deal with pain you may encounter, but Hypnobabies is (partially) about teaching you that birth doesn't have to involve pain.

I'm not sure about Hypnobirthing.
July 16th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
I don't have any experience with either, but I used HypnoBabies, and I LOVED it! It was an amazing birthing experience.
Kyron, Porter, Donovan, Jocelyn, & expecting #5

July 16th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I did take a Bradley class, but I probably would have been fine if I hadn't. Most of the info from class is in the book anyway, the class just goes into more detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicBaby21 View Post
I have the book and really liked it the only problem is that the closest bradley method class is almost 3 hours from me... So I am trying to get as much info as possible on birthing and natural birth.

I am not going to be taking the hospital birthing classes due to schedule conflicts and their basing it off Lamaze.

July 17th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
HypnoBirthing, from what I have experienced, is a stand-alone program. There is a book and CDs to listen to, and a class with an instructor. That's the method that my husband and I are going with.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search