Yoga/Acupuncture/reflexology

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Jackate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am doing the prenatal yoga course for sure and considering doing acupuncture and/or the reflexology and I just wanted to check and see what sort of experiance y'all have, if any. Did you find that it helped you with birth/pregnancy? As far as the acupuncture/reflexology goes I've heard that around 36 weeks is the best time to start...anyone have any thoughts on this?

July 20th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If you are using reflexology to help induce labor, most will not do it until you are at or past your due date. My MIL does reflexology and told me she had to avoid that spot at even 39 weeks. It is relaxing though and can help with many aches and pains in pregnancy.

Expecting baby #4!

July 20th, 2009, 01:46 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
You can do acupuncture throughout your pregnancy, just make sure you find someone who is licensed and board certified and has experience with preregnant women. once you hit your due date, acupuncture can be used to induce labor. hth

July 20th, 2009, 02:45 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just started/found an acupuncturist last week. I was VERY sceptical on using one I have to admit...the only reason I did start was because insurance covers it so I figured why not! LOL I was SHOCKED on how much better I felt after wards (not using it to induce since I'm only 39 weeks right now). But it CURED my indigestion/my temp issues (always running hot feeling)/and constipation....it helped a ton on my tired feelings and pelvic/back pain. I just got home for my session right now--I feel great!!!! Honestly if it wasn't for the belly and the kicks I really wouldn't even know I'm pregnant right now I feel THAT fine...and I'm THIRTY NINE weeks! This should be my "miserable" phase. Next week we will start my baby get ready to come out points and 41 weeks if I'm still preggo we will do the induction points. I would highly recommend it, since this is the only one I have been to though I don't know if its just a great acupuncturist or if its just acupuncture in general. I have used chiropractors in the past that don't do much and others I love...so who knows.

Oh and my office sees people throughout their whole pregnancy---they even specialize in fertility issues so they are great with females!
July 20th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Jackate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cool..thanks. I had heard that the acupuncture and/or reflexology was good during your whole pregancy for relief of ailments and relaxation but that it could also be used at the end to induce. I went a little over my guess date with Jack but not much, I'm not so much concerned with that. I thought it sounded cool for relaxation. I'll check into it for sure. Thats really great to know how much it has helped you Angela...I'm glad you're feeling so great!

July 20th, 2009, 07:05 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had acupuncture and massage regularly throughout my pregnancy. I actually get them on a regular basis whenever I can. So I definitely recommend it. I only started reflexology this year, so I can't say how it would feel during pregnancy, but as long as it is safe to do so I would recommend it as well. I was very impressed with the two sessions I've had so far (just for general relaxation and balancing).

I did try several acupuncture treatments for induction starting around 39-40 weeks. Based on my experience, I would say try it, but don't hold your breath. I'm pretty confident that the points helped to release some oxytocin because I had minor contractions, but overall I don't think my body was ready so they fizzled out. I think it would be more effective if you are very close or slow to start.

So I say go for it! I'm sure you will love it.

July 21st, 2009, 07:20 PM
yellowlms's Avatar First Timer
Hello, I have a question for 'soimarriedanerd'.

I am also in the chicagoland area. How did you find your accupuncturist?
Thanks!
July 21st, 2009, 07:52 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowlms View Post
Hello, I have a question for 'soimarriedanerd'.

I am also in the chicagoland area. How did you find your accupuncturist?
Thanks!
word of mouth through a friend. Now sure where your at but if your interested I CAN'T say ENOUGH about this group--- Welcome to The Wahls of Wellness :: Providing Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Medicine, Diet and Eating Habit Education, Massage, Meditation, Feng Shui and Lifestyle education services in Arlington Heights, Greater Chicago Area, Illinois (IL)
I see the chiropractor and acupuncturist here....let me know if you decide to go and I will PM you my real name (if you tell them its me I get a free acupuncture treatment!)
July 22nd, 2009, 04:31 PM
yellowlms's Avatar First Timer
Quote:
Originally Posted by soImarriedAnerd View Post
word of mouth through a friend. Now sure where your at but if your interested I CAN'T say ENOUGH about this group--- Welcome to The Wahls of Wellness :: Providing Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Medicine, Diet and Eating Habit Education, Massage, Meditation, Feng Shui and Lifestyle education services in Arlington Heights, Greater Chicago Area, Illinois (IL)
I see the chiropractor and acupuncturist here....let me know if you decide to go and I will PM you my real name (if you tell them its me I get a free acupuncture treatment!)
Thanks! This place is very close to my work so I will look at their website. If you want to PM me your name, I will certainly mention it when I go. i am only 8 weeks right now so might not start going for a little while, but I am having some back pain already. Thanks so much!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search