Is it easier to push out the second one???

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Super Mommy
I've just made DD an album of her birth photos and looking at and remembering the pushing part.......Uhm yeah that hurt!!! I didn't push for very long but it was the only hard part of my labor. Any good advice or yeah its easier experiences? I was at my sisters second birh and it was fast and easy for her.
July 24th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Veteran
I found my first easiest and my last the hardest - but I think thats because each one was a lb heavier then the last!
July 24th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
It was easier for me. Of course, I'm apparently a good pusher . My first took just about 3 minutes and my second was less than 1 minute of pushing. Second baby was almost a full pound bigger and I came closer to tearing, but still haven't had to get any stitches with either one.

I've already warned my midwife that when it's time to push she'd better be ready!! lol

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

July 24th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't feel pushing with my first, but pushing out my second was much faster (at least 1/2 the time).

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

July 24th, 2009, 09:47 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
first took 20mins of pushing, 2nd 20 min of pushing (was stuck for over 5mins of those-shoulder distocia), 3rd was 9mins of pushing (was stuck for 4 mins -shoulders again)

July 24th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
not sure if easier, but definitely shorter LOL. I think it depends onthe size of your baby too. with my 5th I had no problem with labour, I just knew I didnt want to do the pushing part LOL, because I knew what was coming, though once it was done it really wasnt as bad as I feared and I think I could do this again LOL

July 25th, 2009, 01:16 AM
My second child was a lot easier to push out than my first but the doctor said my first child was very high up. I pushed the second, third, and fourth out a lot quicker and easier than my first. I did not think the pushing was hard but I pushed all my babies out quickly after the first one was pushed out slowly. The quicker I did it the less pain I guess but I would reccomend listening to your midwife or doctor unlike me on the second, third, and fourth.
July 25th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Veteran
I don't think I ever pushed longer than 10 minutes. It hurt more with the 3rd... my first 2 births weren't natural
July 25th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was going to say the same thing. It wasnt any easier just much shorter. First was about 40 minutes of pushing second was about 15 minutes.

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
July 25th, 2009, 11:20 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't have a problem pushing out either of my boys. My first took 14 minutes and my second took 10 minutes (he was a pound bigger too).

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

July 25th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom of 4 Js
It wasn't easier just shorter. But with my first I never felt the urge to push (epi). I pushed for 50 minutes with her, 4 minutes with my second, and 5 minutes with my third. My third hurt much more not only because I didn't have an epi but because I pushed very slowly (without contractions) while my MW eased him out. He was my biggest baby and the only one I didn't tear or get an episiotomy with!
Jordan 7/28/06, Jason 7/17/07, Jacob 5/23/09,
& Jillian 6/13/11 born at home in the water

July 25th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks I feel so much better!!! Really I only pushed for twenty minutes the first time, so hopefully I'll go for the 1-4 minutes this time!!

DD has easily pushed out at LEAST 5 dolls in the last few days and it only takes her seconds each time...She's such a little pro!! DH said that she called him into the living room this afternoon to put a cold cloth on her head and sit quietly while she pushed out her baby, and not to worry if she gave a yell.....I'm thinking she's ready to be present at the birth.
July 26th, 2009, 07:54 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
kimber, that is adorable! take photos of that for sure!!!!

July 26th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimber View Post
Thanks I feel so much better!!! Really I only pushed for twenty minutes the first time, so hopefully I'll go for the 1-4 minutes this time!!

DD has easily pushed out at LEAST 5 dolls in the last few days and it only takes her seconds each time...She's such a little pro!! DH said that she called him into the living room this afternoon to put a cold cloth on her head and sit quietly while she pushed out her baby, and not to worry if she gave a yell.....I'm thinking she's ready to be present at the birth.

That is so cute!!

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
July 26th, 2009, 10:03 AM
I Smile Because Of Them's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I pushed for about 20 minutes with my first 2 & my 3rd....she flew out in 2.5 pushes. She was ready to be out...lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search