Is it normal?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok I have decided to do a homebirth which many of you from the homebirth board already know. Im going to talk to my midwife about all the details at my appt next friday.

Anywho ever since Dh and I made this decision I have had nightmare after nightmare about doing it... Why do I feel this way? Is this normal? When I made the decision to go the birthing center last time I didnt have horrible dreams and I feel like I had MORE fears and doubts about going there then I do a homebirth. Actually since I have decided to do a homebirth I havent been more excited about anything else. Ugh... Is my brain telling me something? Do I have hidden doubts and fears?

I know most of the dreams have my mother in them and Im sure if she ever found out I was having a homebirth she wouldnt speak to me. Maybe thats why?? Im just so tired of waking up scared and nervous for no reason!

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
July 25th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
That's very likely the case (fear of your mom's reaction). Most of my nightmares about the baby are in a hospital...

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

July 25th, 2009, 09:10 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh it's completely normal! When I decided to have this baby at home I started to have crazy homebirthing dreams..lol Dreams that the midwife took the baby and wouldn't let me see it, the baby came out a toddler, yelling breaking out in the birthing room. Really wacky crazy stuff that would never happen of course..(that would really suck to give birth to a toddler..lol). I think you will be just fine and congrats on your decision!! This will be my first homebirth so I understand your excitement! I guess if your mom will have a problem with it, I would leave her out of the loop though till after baby is here safe and sound.

Anyway, relax and enjoy planning your birth....your mind isn't telling you something, those dreams are just a product of wacky pregnancy hormones
July 25th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL Thanks! Im really excited so these dreams are confusing!

I bet they have a lot to do with my mother...

July 25th, 2009, 04:31 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yep, totally about your mother and her bizarre possible reaction! Our dreams are the brain's way of workimng out our emotions, including fears. Especially things that are deeply seated like emotions about parents.

oh, and I am super excited you're joining the homebirth team! There are a bunch of us due in december now, aren't there!

July 25th, 2009, 04:58 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
wow, CONGRATS!!!! I didn't even know you were thinking about it. What DO you plan to do about your mother?
July 26th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We arent telling anyone. Nobody knows except for a few friends that wouldnt be able to tell anyone in our family. We dont plan on letting anyone know that I am in labor and we will wait several hours possibly a day depending on what time of day he is born to tell anyone.

I should have know I would feel this way about my mother...

There are a bunch of us having homebirth in the Dec DDC!! And a ton of NCB mamas!! We got a really good DDC!

July 26th, 2009, 11:34 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
wow, what a sneaky plan....I LOVE IT!!!

doesn't your mom live close? Just wondering how you will be able to hide it from her at the end. Are you getting a tub? Do the girls know?
July 26th, 2009, 02:05 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we did get a great DDC!

Just a reminder- make sure you keep the computer off when she visits, so she won't accidently see a JM page or something talking about homebirth.

July 28th, 2009, 05:29 AM
rachna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is awesome Sarah Dreams tend to be our anxiety and fears...I know I had all sorts of weird dreams when I was pregnant with the boys and dreams of things going wrong. It doesn't mean we should act/not act on them. It is probably more about your mother.

I am glad your DDC is so awesome!
July 29th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl33 View Post
wow, what a sneaky plan....I LOVE IT!!!

doesn't your mom live close? Just wondering how you will be able to hide it from her at the end. Are you getting a tub? Do the girls know?
She does live real close but she never comes over so Im not worried about her seeing anything. And she never has to drive past my house or anything. Now my sister on the other hand lives two streets over so it might be a little harder to hide it from her... And I cant tell the girls because Brynn cannot keep a secret to save her life! She tells everyone their presents for their birthday and Christmas before they even get them. Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaMama View Post
we did get a great DDC!

Just a reminder- make sure you keep the computer off when she visits, so she won't accidently see a JM page or something talking about homebirth.
Good idea! I accidentally left out a couple of the homebirth books that I am reading in the living room and I think my sister saw them. So hopefully she doesnt put it together and figure it out!

July 29th, 2009, 09:49 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Totally normal with the dreams. Glad you have a good DDC also!
July 29th, 2009, 11:36 AM
noworries
That's great that you've chosen to have a home birth this time. Us home birthers are taking over the Dec. DDC. Did you see the video on the home birth board about Cindy Crawford's home birth? She lied to everyone except a few close friends and told them she was delivering at the hospital with the doctor that she was seeing as her back up doctor just so she wouldn't have to deal with people's negativity and comments. Then, when she called family to let them know the baby was born, they asked her what hospital she was at and she told them she wasn't at a hospital, that they had decided to have the baby at home.
July 29th, 2009, 12:56 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's awesome you're planning a home birth! I would imagine some apprehension is normal, but when you're going through giving birth in a place you are so comfortable, I'm sure there would be no doubts. I really want to do a home birth for a future child, if possible. Currently we are renting from my uncle (who lives downstairs), so I dont think he'd be super happy if he found out that was on the agenda. I don't think I'd have support from anyone IRL on that one either. My mom was mortified at the thought of me possibly laboring in a tub at the hospital

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search