Still no baby...

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2009, 08:58 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
I am starting to get a little dispirited and worried. I mean according to LMP I am now nearly 42 weeks but U/S and my estimate put me at 40 weeks 4 days. I am just getting worn out and family constantly questioning if he is here yet is taking its toll.

I have been measuring big all along and he was up to 43 weeks last Tuesday with a midwife estimate of around 9 pounds. I am thinking he stays in there much longer he will be much bigger than that. Seriously is this pregnancy ever going to end?!?!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 25th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Del4's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh girl, I so feel you. And it seems like everyone (fricken EVERYONE!!!) around me who was due later somehow already has a baby. Everywhere we go, I see newborns. I'm going a little bit nuts. And I'm really kind of sad.

Not to mention, I've been having steady BH's (they aren't painful) for 4 days!! Then last night, DH and I DTD and they got closer together and added in menstrual type cramping and that went on until around 6am this morning. Then nothing else, back to BH's. Ugggggh.

Sorry to hijack, I hope your LO comes soon, Jen!!!! Although I won't lie - if you go before me, I might cry a little lol.

July 25th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You know mine came at 42 weeks exactly! And she was less than 8 lbs (and the due date was a sure thing). I read somewhere that they kind of stop growing after 40 weeks and level off. I didn't really believe it until after she was here.

July 25th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Im so sorry! I remember that feeling. I actually cried at my midwife appointment! Haha! Dont be worried. I had no signs of labor at all and had her 3 days later at almost 41 weeks. I wonder how many babies would actually come 40 weeks or before if they were left to bake as long as they wanted?? Oh and I just read a NCB story about a woman who delivered her baby at 45 weeks... So I dont feel so bad now! LOL!

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
July 25th, 2009, 11:39 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Aw, I would ask to get the membranes swept, personally. It's painful but it can really get things moving.
July 25th, 2009, 01:25 PM
^^^I probably will have her sweep my membranes at my appt Tuesday. I can't deliver at the birth center past 42 weeks so I just can't imagine letting it get much past 41 weeks. Plus I am seriously just done so if anything can help along without it being pitocin I am all for it!

Del4 if you look in our July board-which I know you have posted some but not regularly-there is a list of who is left. I am at the top of the list. So many around me and at the bottom have dropped off. It is so frustrating! As each have dropped off I get a little more annoyed! If you go before me I might cry too!

July 25th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Awww I feel your pain! Hunter came at 42 weeks 3 days, my midwife jokes that I was pregnant forever! I was due May 12th, so I was supposed to be one of the first to go and ended up being one of the last in my DDC lol! It'll happen soon enough, hang in there!!

Facebook
July 25th, 2009, 04:45 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hopefully for you a membrane sweep won't be uncomfortable.... most people don't find them too difficult or painful, but Ithink it depends on provider skill, and size of hands!

July 25th, 2009, 04:56 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
hang in there, you will have him in your arms in no time!! I know it's hard.
July 25th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Super Mommy
Oh Man!!! Hang in there and don't worry,about the big baby,remember the fat squishes thing????

My sis was 20 days overdue with her little one in March, she swore that accupuncture helped...she had 2 treatments in 1 day and that evening the baby was there.
July 25th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy

Hang in there, most likely you will be holding your baby in your arms by this time next week, how exciting!

Quote:
I wonder how many babies would actually come 40 weeks or before if they were left to bake as long as they wanted??
So true, think of all of the inductions and scheduled c-sections that factor into all of that.

Expecting baby #4!

July 25th, 2009, 08:22 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaMama View Post
Hopefully for you a membrane sweep won't be uncomfortable.... most people don't find them too difficult or painful, but Ithink it depends on provider skill, and size of hands!
I don't want to freak you out but when I had it done it was quite painful. Totally doable though! Just wanted to warn you though incase you get it done on Tuesday. I hope it doesn't hurt but don't be surprised if it does.
July 25th, 2009, 08:35 PM
^^^Thanks! Ideally it will just set me into full blown labor. I think he is ready in there!

July 26th, 2009, 06:42 AM
from the midwifery prctice I'd say 20-30% of first timers will go into labor before their due date, and 50-60% of second timers..... I'll have to check the EDD list next time I'm at work to see if my estimations are good.

It also depends on how accurate the EDD was. Sorry to TJ, just thought it'd be interesting to share.

July 26th, 2009, 02:26 PM
^^^Interesting!

So I am curious for those of you with midwifery training...to your knowledge has there ever been a study done on if having a pitocin induction previously can interfere with your body's ability of going into labor on it's own?

July 26th, 2009, 03:19 PM
I have never heard of such a study, but I have to do the BS cough at anyone who thinks that! As a doula and as a birth assistant I've seen plenty of moms go into labor on thier own with baby #2 or 3 or more. In fact lots of mom's hire me for future babies after a bad induction experience.

July 26th, 2009, 04:30 PM
I think I am just feeling super let down that things are not getting moving. I mean I am not even 41 weeks yet but after being induced at 38 weeks with my birth daughter and not quite 40 weeks with Leila I am feeling like there must be something wrong. I know rationally that that is ridiculous but it doesn't stop the thought inching into my mind.

July 26th, 2009, 06:44 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sending you some labor dust I'll try to be polite and let you go first
July 26th, 2009, 09:16 PM
LOL Angela honestly at this point one more person in front of me isn't going to make much of a difference. Besides I am both annoyed and amused by the fact that he is taking his dear sweet time. He already sounds like my son!

July 27th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I hope it's soon for you. *HUGS*

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search