Emme has weaned...

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I cannot explain in words how hard this is for me. My milk supply dropped down to almost nothing. I drove to the birth center to get some mothers milk tea that I can take while pregnant. They were out so I drove across town to meet the lady that makes it. I drank it and drank it. I could tell it was doing something. Emme would latch on but she would just start laughing like it was a game. I knew after that that she was done. She hasnt nursed in 4 days now. I really thought that she would nurse for a long time but I feel at least a little better knowing that she was the one that chose when to stop. I really wanted to experience tandem nursing. *sigh* Im at least happy for what I have accomplished.

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
July 26th, 2009, 09:57 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
a couple of my friends had children who stopped nursing when they were pregnant, supposedly the milk can change in taste. at least she made the decision, not you. you never know, once she sees the baby nursing she may want a little mommy boob too

July 26th, 2009, 10:56 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ah you did great Sarah! And it's great it was Emme's choice. She was ready even if you quite weren't. Enjoy having the twins back to yourself for a few months! Lol!
July 26th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Veteran
i went through something similar once. *hugs* some kids will resume nursing after the baby is born. mine never did. good luck hun (hugs) you did wonderful for her!
July 26th, 2009, 11:30 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
aww, that's too bad. Did you experience any sensitivity or anything yourself? Bryson did the same thing with Cindy. Sucks.
July 26th, 2009, 01:22 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
That has to be very hard. I know Leila slowed down quite a bit and was really only nursing for like a minute or two a day for a long period of time. It is possible that she may not really be done. Keep offering if you really want to and she may pick back up.

Personally I would NEVER strive to get pregnant while nursing again! This has been a long hard battle for the two of us. It is worth it since the situation arose but I just hope it never happens this way again. I wanted to give Leila two years of nursing and now will most likely achieve it but man oh man has it been a battle.

If you are truly willing to let it be done then you can solace yourself with the fact that she has ended the relationship. You gave her a solid beginning and she chose to decide when enough was enough!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 26th, 2009, 02:03 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
4 days isn't weaned for sure! If you really want to tandem nurse you can keep drinking the tea, pump to up your suply, and keep on ofering her the breast... she may or may not take it.
Additionally offer her the breast after your new baby is born... some will come back to nursing.

July 26th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies! I will keep offering but she just keeps laughing. LOL. I know the taste has changed because I dipped my finger in and tasted it and it is definitely different. Im going to keep drinking the tea and see if I can get her to nurse again. If she doesnt want to though I wont force her.

Thanks for all the love!

Cheryl I didnt feel anything different myself. My boobs feel fuller since I have started drinking the tea. So I think Ive brought some milk back. Im going to pump a little and see.

Shauna LOL at the twins!!!

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
July 26th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
That's how Courtney weaned too. She started laughing at me... that makes it hard

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

July 27th, 2009, 05:17 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Oh honey, I'm so sorry. As Cheryl said, Bryson weaned on me when I was about 5 months pregnant I think. I bawled my eyes out. On one hand I was happy that he did it on his own but on the other I really thought he'd want to nurse longer as well. It's funny though because even now sometimes he'll pull up my shirt or down and start sucking on my belly or something. I keep offering it to him but he doesn't really know how to suck anymore. I just like letting him know that he can nurse just like his baby brother, you know? Many hugs to you. I've so been there!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

July 27th, 2009, 05:37 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww. That's too bad, but like everyone else said, at least she made the choice... still probably really hard though. You did a great job!

July 27th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy

If you want to continue to try to nurse her, there is hope! Abby slowed down from about 15-22 weeks and picked back up when my colostrum came back in. I was still very sore, so it was hard to nurse her for long, so she only nursed for about a minute at a time. Once I had Anna, her interest picked back up and she nurses once a day now.

Expecting baby #4!

July 27th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Snow Mami
My daughter weaned when she was about 14 months. I was so sad. I had to travel for work and was gone for 9 days. I also got my period back that week. When I got home she BF once or twice but that was it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search