I'm freaking out a little bit!!!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2009, 08:56 AM
Brittnic's Avatar Super Mommy
Okay so I'm still breastfeeding Sylas and taking the mini-pill (Nora BE). The past few days I've had this dull headache, cramps, nausea, and this yucky taste in my mouth. ALL the same symptoms I had when I was pregnant. Since we've introduced solid foods to Sy I know there is a chance I could get my period back but the mini-pill sometimes causes women to not have a period at all. I mean, I CAN'T be pregnant- right??? My husband thinks I'm nuts. By the way, he also thought I was nuts when I was pregnant last time. I am so not ready. I want another baby, and I've even thought I wanted one now but we can't afford it and Sy is still so little. It doesn't help to read online about other women who have gotten pregnant and been on the pill AND breastfeeding. Maybe my body is gearing up to have a period. Maybe I should test but I don't want to waste any money right now. What was it like for any of you when your period finally returned after breastfeeding?

July 31st, 2009, 09:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Snow Mami
My period started 13 months pp. I had a copper IUD. No PMS at all for my first one, just went to the bathroom and saw the mess!

My cousin got pregnant BF and on the mini pill. Our family breeds like rabbits.
July 31st, 2009, 09:02 AM
Del4's Avatar Super Mommy
Mini pill is only recommended for the first 6 months. I got pregnant while on it, too. I unfortunately miscarried, but yeah.

I'd test, girl!!

July 31st, 2009, 09:21 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All I can say is HOLY #*&$#^*&^$#*&^$! Go test!!!
July 31st, 2009, 10:06 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
I'd go ahead and test, at least so you'd know one way or the other. Definitely possible, you never know. Test!!!

July 31st, 2009, 10:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy

You can get cheapy tests from the Dollar Store I've been told, and they are very accurate.

Expecting baby #4!

July 31st, 2009, 10:41 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would test and yes, the Dollar Tree tests are accurate. It very clearly picked up a line for me the day my period was due. I just sort of took it as a joke...didn't expect it to be positive.

With my son who was exclusively breastfed I got my first period 12 months pp. I had no symptoms, just went to the bathroom and it had arrived.

So, yes...test like the others said Good luck...
July 31st, 2009, 11:09 AM
Jackate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yep, got my period at 15 maybe 16 months pp.....no signs really it just showed up.

July 31st, 2009, 11:16 AM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Go get a test from Dollar Tree ASAP! I had no symptoms of my first PP AF (came around 15 months), so I would rely on the usual prodromal symptoms.

July 31st, 2009, 11:51 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
oh boy!! TEST! I got my period 4 months PP despite exclusively BFing on demand. I was so pissed, and it was a miserable one too.

Is your supply ok? I heard the mini pill can be really bad for that, but it sounds like yours is fine, eh?

We used condoms until we started TTC again, I am super paranoid plus I can't do any hormonal BC.
July 31st, 2009, 12:52 PM
I think I'm going to test if this metallic taste doesn't go away. The mini pill hasn'tdone anything to my supply. So far it's the one BC with the least side effects. We can't use condoms because I am very sensitive to them for some reason. I've been really good about taking the pill at the same time. Hopefully I'm just about to get AF. I'll post after I test.

July 31st, 2009, 12:59 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yes yes yes! Get a dollar tree test... sending you luck it goes the way you want it to.

July 31st, 2009, 01:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would test, I got my first PP AF at almost 10 months pp. It was my only one I was BF and on the minipill and got pregnant when she was 11 1/2 months old. It is possible.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

July 31st, 2009, 04:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My friend is EBFing her 4 month old and she thought she was pregnant but it was just AF showing up. I think its probably AF coming but I do hope you are pregnant. I dont care if you arent ready... LOL!! Be pregnant with me!

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
August 1st, 2009, 05:08 PM
Katy Moore's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well geeze, I didn't realise how unreliable the mini pill is! I've been taking it (I have my phone alarm set for the same time every day) plus EBF and now I'm a little nervous! I had my first AF 6 weeks PP and another at 8 weeks PP so hopefully they even out so I have some sort of clue if the pill stops working for me! Lol, but I guess I'll just go with whatever God has in store for me, right?

Check out my boutique! Baby Bottom Boutique

August 1st, 2009, 05:44 PM
I'm too chicken to test but I know I need to. What makes me angry is that the pill pamplet says it's 93% effective. If your going to subject your body to artificial hormones they should at least do what they're intended to do.

August 2nd, 2009, 08:27 AM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got my period at 2 months pp despite EBF, but every month for over a year I felt like I had early pregnancy symptoms right before I started, like nausea and fatigue. It could go either way, so hurry up and test!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search