Had my baby...and managed my natural waterbirth!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2009, 09:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't post on here too often, but while pregnant with my son I posted how I wanted a natural waterbirth. I wasn't sure if I could do it, but I managed to get what I wanted while at a hospital for the waterbirth even!

Micah Everett was born 9/14/2009 at 2:40pm. He weighed 8 pounds 10.4 ounces and was 21 1/2 inches long. He has a head full of dark hair, which is so cute, and he is such a good baby. My 2 older kids just adore him, and they really are great about helping out when I ask them to get something for me.

My labor started Saturday, Sept. 12 in the early morning, but the contractions weren't regular enough. We went into L&D that night since they were quite painful, but even though I'd dialated and effaced since my appt. the day before I didn't have any change after walking for an hour around L&D. I was given something to help me sleep that night, but woke up at about 5am with the same thing again. We walked alot, and I tried to run the last few errands that needed to be run before baby came. LOL! I also cleaned quite a bit. Monday morning I woke up extra early with contractions that were even stronger. They kept coming, so we went into L&D at about 10:30am or so. The midwife came in and found I'd dialated and effaced more since they checked Sat. night. Since I was only at 4cms though we were sent to walk around for an hour to see if anything progressed. During that walk a volunteer doula asked if I'd like her to be my doula for my labor, and I accepted since she seemed really nice. We walked and talked for awhile then, while my husband went and got our kids a snack. They were at the hospital with us for the labor, and I really enjoyed them being involved. They watched cartoons, ate snacks, colored, and asked DH about if their baby boy was going to come yet. LOL! After walking I was at 5cms dialated and fully effaced, so we discussed what to do. I didn't want an IV or anything like that, so to speed things up a bit after the DAYS of labor we decided to break my water. We then called a friend to see if she could come and watch the kids in the hospital for us for during the time of pushing. She said she'd be there as soon as possible. Everything looked wonderful with baby, and I was doing great at that point. I got into the big bathtub in the bathroom there then just to relax a bit through contractions. It really helped my back, which was so very nice. My doula and I talked for quite awhile while I labored in the tub, then I knew there was a change. I could tell the contractions were getting even stronger, so I told them that I needed to be checked. I was at 7-8cms at that point, so I got out of the tub and was moved to the waterbirthing room which was next door. I got into that tub then, while we waited for our friend to get there to watch DD and DS. LOL! The friend got there basically right when I was needing the kids to leave the room, since I refused to make a sound with them in the room. I moved around a bit in the tub, and before I knew it..it was time to push. I was fully dialated and kept telling myself to push through the pain. Once his head was halfway out I felt like I couldn't do it anymore, and my midwife asked me if I wanted to feel my baby. I felt his head, and then felt the strength to push again. His head came out, then I relaxed a second cuz the relief was kinda nice. Then I pushed again to get his body out. Once his shoulders were out (like 2 pushes or so) then I leaned back, since I'd been squatting/on my hands and knees and got to hold my baby for the first time. It was amazing, and I wouldn't have changed it for the world.

September 21st, 2009, 09:37 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! What a wonderful birth. It's great you were able to achieve what you wanted. Good job mama!
September 21st, 2009, 09:43 AM
E1izabeth's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on a beautiful baby and a wonderful birth!
Fomerly known as 1SonSoFar, now awaiting Baby #3!!!

September 21st, 2009, 09:48 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congratulations

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
September 21st, 2009, 10:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
congrats on a beautiful baby boy!

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 21st, 2009, 11:03 AM
Showbiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, I'm choked up! What a beautiful story. Congratulations.

September 21st, 2009, 01:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

September 21st, 2009, 01:52 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I am so happy for you! Congratulations on achieving your waterbirth!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

September 21st, 2009, 03:12 PM
rachna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!
September 21st, 2009, 05:40 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
So happy for you Julia!!! Way to go mama! I know having a NCB was important to you, and I'm so glad you had such a wonderful experience.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
September 21st, 2009, 07:53 PM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!

September 21st, 2009, 08:57 PM
frugality=reality
Congratulations, Momma!
September 22nd, 2009, 11:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks. I still feel great about it, and also my healing has been very quick. I'm amazed at how fast I'm healing this time around.

September 22nd, 2009, 01:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Snow Mami
Congratulations! Great birth story
September 22nd, 2009, 02:15 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Congrats! What a great birth story!

September 22nd, 2009, 05:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Beautiful!! Congratulations!!

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search