Other pregnant women make me giggle... and cringe...

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2009, 01:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Last night I met two other women who are pregnant...

We started talking about when we are due and then got on the subject of how we want to have birth...

Since I am due first they asked me what I planned on doing... I told them all natural all the way... they started laughing at me and then it turned serious and they started lecturing me on how they were told by nurses and other pregnant ladies that getting an epidural is the ONLY way to go or just scheduling a c-section right off the bat...

One of the ladies mentioned... "I understand that pain meds effect the baby but there is no way I am going to be in pain for no one." Ummm... hmmm.....

OK.... then the other one had mentioned that she just plans on most likely getting a c-section because she does want her "vagina to be loose." Ummm... hmmmm... ok....

I guess I just giggle but cringe because God forbid you think of the baby over yourself in vain.... Hmmm..... then they had the balls to wish me luck because I'll need it.... so I wished them luck back but had also mention that I don't need luck, just faith in myself and my body... they really had nothing to say back to that...

Hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......:ro lleyes:
November 3rd, 2009, 01:31 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh yes I would much rather have a huge, unnecessary scar across my bikini line than use my vagina for God's intended purpose. Medically necessary c-sections are amazing...opting for one because you're worried about your vagina being too lose is insanely stupid. I can't stand some people

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
November 3rd, 2009, 02:03 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicaChels View Post
oh yes I would much rather have a huge, unnecessary scar across my bikini line than use my vagina for God's intended purpose. Medically necessary c-sections are amazing...opting for one because you're worried about your vagina being too lose is insanely stupid. I can't stand some people
Ditto! Also, my vaj is tighter (which says a lot b/c I was tight before) after I had my VBA2C. It's a muscle and stretches easily. I don't get that mentality. The next time someone says anything so stupid like those ladies, say... "Why have kids? They're obviously going to give you stretch marks, RUIN your vaj, cry all night etc..." Or say something like.... "This must be your first child." and giggle. IDIOTS!
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twins!!!

November 3rd, 2009, 02:07 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yeah sam said he notices no difference in my hoo hoo post partum. he still is a sex aholic so it must not be like a hot dog in a hallway ...I could do without the stretch marks though lol

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
November 3rd, 2009, 02:12 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
What can you do? Best of luck to them!
November 3rd, 2009, 03:15 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
OK.... then the other one had mentioned that she just plans on most likely getting a c-section because she does want her "vagina to be loose."
I wonder if anyone informed her about the certainty of a 4 inch scar and the good possibility of an "apron belly"

November 3rd, 2009, 04:35 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You really do meet the least tactful people. I'm sorry you have to deal with ignorance on such an astronomical level.

You CAN do this. Your body is made to birth and you are stronger than the pain. Yes, it will (probably) hurt; but it is only for a short time and I do not think you will have any regrets about bringing your little girl into the world without unnecessary interventions or drugs. Don't let ignorance and tactless people make you doubt yourself or your body.

November 3rd, 2009, 06:15 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
my c-section scar is constantly itchy, morning noon and night. It is horrible. I bet 5+ months after a vag delivery you don't think about it every single day and have it keep you up at night

I really hate people who have kids and want it to be about them, not the child. Having children is not about your convenience over their wellbeing, ARGH

November 3rd, 2009, 07:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Where do you find these people? I wouldve been looking at them like they just grew a second head. Seriously...

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
November 3rd, 2009, 08:27 PM
Veteran
My BF has 2 children and she constantly insists "There is NO way you'll be able to take the pain. I have a REALLY HIGH pain tolerance and the pain about killed me while I waited for my epi. You have NO idea how much pain you'll be in. You cannot do it. Believe me." Every time we talk she says the same **** thing. She is SO sure she is a stronger woman than me and that her pain tolerance is higher than me. I don't know for sure about her first son (he was 6 when we met) but her second son was born via induction. I'm not exactly sure what she sees as an alternative. I cannot have an epi or a spinal and she knows it. She was scared to death she'd have a c-section so I'm sure she doesn't want me to have one.

My MIL wants asked me everytime I see her if I had decided when I was having the baby (meaning a c-section). It was well into my third trimester that she finally got it, I'm ok with being inconvenient to the rest of the world. She still tells me she would rather just have a section, she had 2, because its "so easy, you know when you're going to have it and its so simple to plan for".

November 4th, 2009, 10:14 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some people just seriously make me shake my head in disbelief. Since when is having a baby all about what's easiest? And the preference for a c-section is just beyond my scope of understanding.

I got all those kinds of comments when I was pregnant with Liam. Everyone told me I'd be begging for the epi because I had no clue what I was in for. Well guess what, I did it naturally and virtually pain free (there was discomfort and a lot of hard work but nothing I would call "pain"). And I did it again with Lochy and am set to do it yet again in March! The funny thing is those same people that tell you you'll never be able to do it and then you do it they say things like "Well you must have had an easy labor. If you had labors like mine you'd never have done it!" And yes I've had this said to me. At some point you just have to roll your eyes and be on your way because there is no talking to some people.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

November 4th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherMichelle View Post
I wonder if anyone informed her about the certainty of a 4 inch scar and the good possibility of an "apron belly"
The "shelf".... yep I have it. Almost all the c/s mamas I know have one too.

November 4th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm78 View Post
my c-section scar is constantly itchy, morning noon and night. It is horrible. I bet 5+ months after a vag delivery you don't think about it every single day and have it keep you up at night
*HUGS* I KNOW the feeling Mere. I find myself still bitter about both c/s's but feel vindicated after I had my VBA2C. It just never really goes away. Hang in there. You will get your VBAC for the next one!!

November 4th, 2009, 11:10 AM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hear that kind of thing all the time. I even had one very smart & well educated friend who just ASSUMED that she'd have an epi. Was planning on it from the moment she got her BFP! Over time, I've convinced her to do her research and she is now more open to trying to go unmedicated, but overall it does seem like the vast majority of women just get funneled into this system of fast-food style birthing where you never are given a choice, you just go and have it DONE to you. What a terrible system we're stuck in.
November 4th, 2009, 02:44 PM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ummmm..... WOW!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

November 5th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The sad thing is GrowBabyGrow...

I work with some of these women but these are women I met in the hospital....

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion but I can't stand when the opinion is ignorant and not educated-ly backed up with fact based information... ya know what I mean.. I know it probably came out wrong.. ha

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search