Iffy OB appt

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2009, 08:44 AM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac View Post
i wish i had your opportunity. i had no choice because my first was footling breech and now that this pregnancy is sooo close to my first (got pregnant 6 months post partum), it puts me in a slightly higher risk category for uterine rupture. i would love to do a homebirth someday if i ever have another baby, but until then, i am going to settle for hoping for my all natural vbac, supported by my awesome doulas, midwife and the doctor she works with (midwives cant be alone in ny state either). my doctors c-section rate is only 8%, whereas the state's is around 30% as well. he also has a 90% vbac success rate, so i feel really confident in him.

anyway, good luck!!!
I wish you didn't have so many constraints. I feel a little bad whining about my options here in Missouri when other women like yourself have to fight for VBACs. It sounds like you've got a GREAT dr though, so hopefully you can be part of that 90%!

As for me, yeah, the more I think about it, the more I am leaning towards a home birth. I love my house...I am so comfortable there, so at peace, and if my pregnancy ends with me being as healthy as I am now, there shouldn't be any reason I'd need any kind of intervention. It is hard to get rid of the nagging doubt that comes from a lifetime of indoctrination that hospital births are the sensible way for women to have their children, but I'm trying to nurture the spark of hope I have that just because most people do it that way, doesn't mean I have to.
November 6th, 2009, 08:48 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really think joing ICAN would help put your mind at ease. I totally want a homebirth the next tiem I am pregnant. I am even willing to pay out of pocket for it.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
November 6th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I have to echo the homebirth idea. I've had one hospital birth, one hospital birthing center birth, and one homebirth. NOTHING compares to a homebirth. It certainly isn't the choice for everyone, but it seems by everything you have written about that it would be a great fit for you. No one wants to fight for what they want during labor. No one wants their support person fighting the fights instead of being there for you. I personally would rather try having a homebirth with a trained midwife. If you end up needing to transfer and use an OB on call, then you can have your midwife provide doula services.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
November 6th, 2009, 12:21 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I feel for you Rachel!!
Since I'm in the same stupid state, I had the same issues finding anyone to do a home delivery. The only birthing center close to here is closing in December, because they lost their Dr. and there is something in the law that a standing birthing center must have an MD on staff. Plus it is amazing the ignorance people have around here regarding midwives.
I could not find a midwife that was willing to do a homebirth, plus DH is against it. I luckily found a hospital that seems fairly NCB friendly- have to drive further (about 40 min) but they seem to be pretty good so far.

November 6th, 2009, 04:14 PM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *SamF* View Post
I feel for you Rachel!!
Since I'm in the same stupid state, I had the same issues finding anyone to do a home delivery. The only birthing center close to here is closing in December, because they lost their Dr. and there is something in the law that a standing birthing center must have an MD on staff. Plus it is amazing the ignorance people have around here regarding midwives.
I could not find a midwife that was willing to do a homebirth, plus DH is against it. I luckily found a hospital that seems fairly NCB friendly- have to drive further (about 40 min) but they seem to be pretty good so far.
I know Sam! I wish our state were more progressive on this issue! The only birth center I know of is in Columbia (is that the one you were talking about?) and that's just too far of a drive for me. I'm going to *try* to find a midwife to at least discuss the home birth option, but we may end up being stuck with Plan A and going to the hospital.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search