What is your reason...

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2009, 08:25 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If I'm being completely honest, my first and main motivation is to avoid an epidural at all costs. Since before I ever got pregnant, that has been the biggest fear I had associated with childbirth. Looking back, when I was pregnant with Grant, I really was on my way to the NCB side but he was born so early, I wasn't prepared for anything at the time. I actually didn't ever ask for the epidural with Grant, DH suggested it and it was during a pit contraction and I didn't refuse. It just kinda happened. I wish I was aware enough to recognize I didn't need it.

We also had a pretty traumatic loss before Dean (15weeks water broke 1 week after cerclage and bad spinal) and I kept thinking I was doing so much to get this baby here, I wanted to experience everything I could related to his birth. I hated not being able to move much after Grant was born and I wanted a different experience. It was a great experience and I was so much more informed, I want another experience like it, but this time not being induced!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

November 8th, 2009, 11:07 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For me I always wanted it but not really doing the research left me stupid and ill-equipped make it happen. Not realizing that NBC meant no intervention, when they started the pit they might as well have just wheeled me into the OR right there on the spot, instead of putting me and my baby through 17 hours of hell.
This time I am taking the ques from my body that are screaming at me to do this the way god intended. NO DRUGS!!! No interventions, and if this birth goes the way I plan, and we have anymore babies after this, I am going with a home birth! next time!

November 8th, 2009, 07:38 PM
kmac's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
because its the way things are supposed to be. i think medical science is great but i dont think it trumps mother nature. this is what she designed us to do and in most cases, we will do it without problems. its just how things are supposed to be.

i also feel like every part of the process has a reason so to use medical intervention when it isnt necessary is messing up the process....you will lose out on the process and it can mess everything else up...
November 9th, 2009, 07:57 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
health and safety for my baby and myself. Family bonding/connection. A desire to be responsible for making appropriate decisions about my care. A desire to birth at home (away from hospital policies and germs).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search