mgm78

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2009, 04:27 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can I ask you a question

I saw that you're an acupuncturist. I had LOTS of acupuncture with Brylie during my pregnancy and I loved it. I was wondering if it's safe to do acupuncture for PCOS while breastfeeding (my acupuncturist is out of town until jan 2010 so I can't ask her!)

or if you can do fertility acupuncture while bf'ing? I don't want to wean Brylie at 12m? DH and I are trying until Jan then trying's on a hiatus until August (no winter babies please!) so since AF already showed, I was wondering if it's safe to "help" my body?

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
November 6th, 2009, 06:07 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
yes you can do acupuncture for PCOS, this is a very commonly treated condition in my office. As far as TTC and bf'ing, most of my patients either had a regular period or somewhat regular period while bf'ing (all were over a year) or weaned to start getting a cycle. If you did not get a period with the PCOS prior to your pregnancy, it would be hard to know whether you are not getting a period now because of PCOS or bf'ing. Did that make sense? Have you gotten a period yet? Was your cycle normal before hand? There would be no harm to your breastfeeding in getting acupuncture.

November 6th, 2009, 06:52 PM
my period showed up at exactly 2 months post partum. I am on CD 29 now.

my cycle was irregular pre-preggo until I started Metformin, but I am hoping to get off the medication.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
November 7th, 2009, 08:09 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I don't know how you feel about yoga but there are many things you can do to help regulate your period. It is very possible to get pregnant while breastfeeding but it might take a bit longer, or maybe not. You are very young, no? This is on your side as well. I think there were a bunch of reasons it took me 6 months this time, and age was probably one of the bigger ones.

I have a great book called "yoga for women" which is all about yoga and your cycle. There is a chapter on regulating your period with all kinds of positions to help that. I first borrowed mine from my library then purchased it off amazon used for pretty cheap.

Just another POV. I also did acupuncture and I do attribute our success to that as well. I believe in combination factors for both good and bad in life. Going at something from more than one angle tends to be my MO.
November 7th, 2009, 09:37 AM
I haven't ever done yoga..hmmm something to look into! I am young (22)...I have this horrible irrational fear of dying before I'm 50 (my mom died when she was 49, my grandma when she was 48) and so I want to have lots of babies and experience their lives with them ..my mom didn't have me til she was 31 and I was only 17 when she died...I am a lot healthier than she was...but it's still a fear...plus I'm married to a very stereotypical small town catholic farm boy

thanks for the tip im amazon'ing it now

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search