Two questions

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok first I keep hearing about homeopathic remedies to try and "induce labor". Does anyone know any or what they are? Im taking 5W, RRL tea, and EPO which I think is plenty but I keep reading in birth stories and books about remedies that women were using for natural induction. Im going to ask my midwife if there is some secret cocktail but Im pretty sure I would have heard/read about it by now. LOL. Just curious if anyone knows something about that I dont.

Secondly is gas something that is used in the US for pain relief? I got a home birth stories book and seriously all but one woman used the gas for pain relief. I know its common in other countries but is it even an option here in the US? Do you see that as still having a natural childbirth? I personally believe the gas is less harmful than a shot of something but I dont know if the gas has any effect on the baby at all. Does it? Has anyone used it?

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
November 8th, 2009, 07:25 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know about the gas here in teh US.

AS for the homepathics. I used pulsatilla, not to start labor, but to help the uterus to let the baby turn the right way. I saw in another thread you thought maybe Emme was in a bad position, if this baby is the pulsatilla will help the uterus allow baby to get into the best possible position.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
November 8th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My midwife gave me the homeopathic black and blue cohoshes to try to start labor. They didn't work. I personally (just my opinion) think true homeopathy (dilute a substance with water until none of the original substance remains and then pretend it will do things) is total bunk. The day I played around with TRUE black and blue cohoshes I went into labor, but I was 42 weeks, who it probably would have happened anyway.

And no, I have never heard of gas being available in a US hospital. And no, I would not consider it a natural birth.

November 9th, 2009, 06:56 AM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here's what my Doula told me: sex!

The sperm helps to ripen your cervix, so get to it!
November 9th, 2009, 08:56 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not a homeopathy expert, but I've had wonderful results with using it for many things.

That said I do think herbs/tinctures are more powerful. The cohashes are especially common for uterine stimulation, and your midwife should be able to give you good directions about them.

November 9th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaMama View Post
I'm not a homeopathy expert, but I've had wonderful results with using it for many things.

That said I do think herbs/tinctures are more powerful. The cohashes are especially common for uterine stimulation, and your midwife should be able to give you good directions about them.
I completely agree!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search