What made you decide?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2009, 03:45 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just always felt it was the way it is supposed to be. I feel that things just get out of hand when they start pumping in the pit, tying you in a bed, and starving you for the duration of your labor is when things start to get wonky!

December 15th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
First of all...

1. Its safer for baby
2. Its safer for me
3. The thought of any intervention scared the crapoly out of me... I was more afraid of the pain or side effects of the interventions then I was of the pain caused during labor...
December 15th, 2009, 06:05 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
NCB has pretty much been the only way for me since I was little. My mom had 5 NCB, with 4 of us as homebirths. I feel that if she cared enough to protect me from any drugs then I should do the same for my babies. Then, once I was pregnant, and started reading different books, it just reaffirmed my decision. People always laugh when I tell them I want NCB and say "oh thats what you are saying now, just wait till you are in labor, you have no idea how much it will hurt" or "yeah, I was going to have one but then the dr told me I HAD to get the epidural, so I did" I think the difference for me is that I have an amazing support team, my mom, sister and DH will be there supporting me, and for me, an epi is not even an option. My mom would literally have to be standing there telling me there was no other way before I would get one, and the chances of her saying this are like .000000001 percent!

December 15th, 2009, 06:08 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It was something I never even thought twice about. I just knew that NCB was the way I was going to go. My Mom had natural births with all but her first (she was young and they forced a saddle block on her--made her stop pushing so they could give it to her). I absolutely hate needles and there was no way I was ever letting one go near my spine! I've had two NCB--one in a hospital and one in a free standing birth center. I'll be back at the birth center for this birth, my third NCB and I couldn't be more excited!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

December 15th, 2009, 06:30 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I suck for taking this long to reply, but I am still without my netbook and it takes forever to respond on my Iphone.

It wasn't automatic for me, but as I did research I was sure I did not want to be stuck in bed at the mercy of the hospital staff making decisions based on policy and the ticking clock. The I really began to trust that birth wasn't an automatic emergency and really started to get into it. Lastly, after doing a lot of reading I began to really think about the link between being born on drugs and addiction later in life.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search