Aniela is here...not what we expected (pic too)

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Snow Mami
Xposted in my DDC

Hey girls quick update we're still in the hospital. We're waiting for the pedi to come and approve us for an early release, we did not get the birth center water birth we wanted. Mini birth story: Woke up to a painful contraction at 6:30am went to pee and saw some blood. Knew that it was the big day!. Started showering, getting ready, they were 4 min apart and intense. Got to the birth center ~8, got in tub was checked around 8:20 was 8cm starting pushing about 15 min later. Pushed for about 2.5 hours in the tub, out of the tub, so many positions trying to turn her but she was sunny side up and presenting her head wrong and not moving. MWs tried to manually turn, we tried homeopathy to increase contraction strength. Will give more detail when I write my real birth story. We decided to transfer to the hospital for a forceps aided birth, my MWs came with me. After a total of four hours pushing (including the back of car-BRUTAL) Aniela was born aided by forceps weighing 8lbs 4oz and 21.5 inches. I did get a 2nd degree tear but no cutting. The hospital/OB is the one my MW prefers so they are very natural childbirth friendly. A was put right on my chest and not taken to be weighed, etc until we were ready. She BF for about an hour right after birth (piggy). We are all doing well, but I am disappointed that this birth followed the same pattern as my first (4 hours pushing and then medically aided birth)
December 13th, 2009, 06:19 PM
frugality=reality
Awwww.... she's adorable! Look at all that HAIR!

I'm sorry it didn't go as planned, but you should be very proud of yourself for making it through as you did.

ps. I had a sunny side up that ended up with 30-ish hours of labor... I know it's insane!
December 13th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugality=reality View Post
ps. I had a sunny side up that ended up with 30-ish hours of labor... I know it's insane!
Whoa that is intense...Labour wasn't bad at all. Only 2 hours, no back pain. How long did you push for?
December 13th, 2009, 07:31 PM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That hair us gorgeous! I'm sorry it didn't turn out as you planned but congrats on still getting a vaginal birth. She's beautiful, congratulations!
December 14th, 2009, 04:53 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
awww what a precious one! sorry things did not go as planned

December 14th, 2009, 06:34 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Well, that's a lot of pushing and Im sorry you had to transfer BUT you did it drug free. Forceps are not what I would call medically aided either! Obviously she was really stuck, try not to be too bummed! She is beautiful!!
December 14th, 2009, 06:36 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I'm glad that she got here safely and that you're both doing all right! If you don't mind my saying, you still had a non-medicated birth (as far as I can tell reading), so I don't think you "failed" in any way! You did fantastically, and I admire you!

Great job, momma, she's beautiful!!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
December 14th, 2009, 07:14 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What an adorable little girl! She's got all that great dark hair too. Good work, Mama! Sorry everything didn't go according to plan...

December 14th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
She is beautiful!

I agree, don't be disappointed, there is a time and place for everything and it sounds like the use of forceps was needed in your situation. You should be REALLY proud that you did that all natural too, I don't know many women who would push for 4 hours without an epi!

December 14th, 2009, 07:35 AM
noworries
I'm sorry things didn't go exactly as planned but that's still a great birth story and you did awesome. Aniela is absolutely beautiful. How is V liking being a big sister?
December 14th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! She is beautiful!
December 14th, 2009, 05:49 PM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl33 View Post
Well, that's a lot of pushing and Im sorry you had to transfer BUT you did it drug free. Forceps are not what I would call medically aided either! Obviously she was really stuck, try not to be too bummed! She is beautiful!!
Ditto!!!

Congratulations!

December 14th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OMG!!

Her hairstyle reminds me of pic you had of your hubby up one time... she is beautiful...

I am sorry you didnt expect or have your birth go to plan (as I didn't either) but if you ever need to talk PM me... she is a beautiful baby...
December 14th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies, it was non medicated (until they gave me pitocin to get the placenta out). I guess I was just expecting the whole pushing thing to be easier the second time around, plus I had more knowledge and help. Now I find myself thinking well if I was in better shape, I wouldn't have been as tired, or if I wasn't so afraid of the pain I could have pushed better (sometimes I resisted certain positions)....I know I should be happy with it, it was fairly fast and uneventful and we got to come home early like we wanted (Discharged after 11 hours)

It doesn't help that its looking like I'll need to supplement again until my milk comes in to avoid jaundice (A is already looking yellow) despite constant BFing and sunlight. I thought "knowledge" was all I needed to avoid the "problems" I had the first time around...looks like it is not the case
December 15th, 2009, 11:45 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Try not to be so hard on yourself! You did a great job and she is beautiful. Congratulations!!
December 16th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree you did a wonderful job!! I only pushed a few times and I thought I was going to die. LOL. So you are a warrior in my book!!

And she is so gorgeous!! You must be in Heaven with those 2 beautiful girls!

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
December 17th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Snow Mami, this is similar to what happened to me, if you read my birth story you will see, I can relate to you totally...you just can't "what if" yourself, KWIM? You just have to tell yourself and believe that you did everything in your power to make things go right..childbirth is unpredictable, please don't beat yourself up.
December 17th, 2009, 02:08 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
She is beautiful! And you did it all unmedicated, that is something to be proud of even if it didn't all go as planned!

December 17th, 2009, 08:17 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Sounds like you did a great job! Congratulations on a gorgeous baby girl! and take a look at all that hair!! Sooo precious!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search