Thoughts?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2009, 07:13 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Midwives in meltdown: A former NHS worker reveals how understaffed maternity wards are sinking into chaos | Mail Online

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
December 16th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
not surprising. sad though What's most striking to me is how SCARED the women are that are giving birth (or are portrayed that way anyhow). It shouldn't be scary, and that saddens me.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

December 16th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree. Why all the terror? It's weird - and the poor poor midwives too - that sounds really scary for them. I'm glad mine take only 10 women a month between 2 midwives and a student!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
December 17th, 2009, 07:15 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow to hear it said by the staff that is supposed to be caring for us!
My difference was that I wasn't scared until after I got to the hospital and they started pumping the drugs in. My mother had warned me how bad induced labor was, but there is no way to really prepare yourself for it, because there is nothing natural about it! Having to get an epi at 1 1/2cm dilated leaves you feeling worthless and hopeless that your body won't work right. I don't know I just know that I am staying home because I just can't go through that again.

December 17th, 2009, 09:14 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi there. Lurking again...
My sister is a labor and delivery nurse. A few months back she was really sick and they would NOT let her go home on her shift! She was coughing and sounding really junkie in her lungs and told her supervisor that she didn't feel good about handling all the newborns, and exposing mommies and babies to whatever she had. They told her they'd really LIKE to let her go home and even acknowledged that she probably should be at home but said that they just didn't have the staffing to let her leave, so they suggested she wash her hands frequently and wear a mask. To make it worse, she works on a high risk floor so there are some mommies there that REALLY cant afford to catch a virus! That was really scary to me to hear. Think of all the potential for infection that exists in a labor and delivery unit- IV sites, vaginal exams ect. Crazy. I hope she wasn't coughing over anyone's open uterus during a c-section! I'm sure she woudn't but what a scary thought!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
December 17th, 2009, 09:38 AM
noworries
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelllilee View Post
not surprising. sad though What's most striking to me is how SCARED the women are that are giving birth (or are portrayed that way anyhow). It shouldn't be scary, and that saddens me.
Ditto
December 17th, 2009, 01:46 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
seriously, I couldn't even read the whole thing WAY too much focus on pain and agony. How sad. It sounds like a nightmare all around. That poor woman that hung herself, yikes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search