my update!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2009, 04:19 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My iron is a bit low, and My BP was elevated yesterday at my appt at 128/78, and I had a bit of swelling on my ankles. We're working towards getting baby to come, b/c it does concern me. I had a breakdown a little at the birth center, b/c I so want to have baby at home and not needing to transfer for something really not emergent at the time, but will if necessary of course....

I'm doing lots of iron supplimentation, and even had steak for dinner (I'm not a huge meat eater lately) so that should help! I'm also taking labor prep herbs to get things started a bit, and if my BP goes up from here I'll take castor oil. I have an accupuncture appt this saturday for a labor prep treatment as well, and may have to jump DH this am for some sex!

I'm so glad I can monitor my BP at home. Yesterday night it was 120/72, so not bad, but slightly high for me (108-118/58-65). Much more reassuring then at my appt, at least

I'm feeling a lot better today about baby coming soon and safely and at home. I'm doing hypnobabies hypnosis/relaxation program for birth, and they have a "baby come out" CD that I really like, just started listening to it yesterday! It makes me really feel good about baby picking the perfect time.

oh, and as a sidenote- I had a VE (attempt to sweep membranes) and am 1cm dilated and 50+% effaced, so that was nice to hear! But not quite enough progress for a sweep. I have an appt Monday, so we'll see if we can do it then! Tuesday I'm getting a belly casting, so at least I have something great to look forward to as well. But if baby decided to inturrupt those plans that is a-OK by me!!!!

Any positive baby come out vibes are welcome

December 17th, 2009, 04:43 AM
Gobaby1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sending you some baby vibes!

My iron is also low and sort of kicked my butt last week so I made sure to have a lot of meat last week as well as my supplements!

I go in this morning and am going to ask for a sweep... I hope something is happening for me!

Your belly casting will be adorable... if you make it that long! Tell me how your accupuncture appt. goes, that will be my next step also!

Come on out babies!

December 17th, 2009, 04:51 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
so close! i am so excited for you. I hope you get the birth you envision I take Vitron C OTC Iron which helps a lot with my anemia, which i did NOT have when pregnant, go figure, lol. I had DD right before my belly casting. I was a bit disappointed at missing it, but was so glad to meet DD

December 17th, 2009, 05:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom of 4 Js
I can't believe you are so close already! I hope you have the birth you want and I can't wait to read your birth story! I'm glad you are taking such good care of yourself and your little baby! And YAY for progress! I can't wait to know what the gender is! This is so exciting lol!

Sending you TONS and TONS of come out baby dust!!!!!!!!!!
Jordan 7/28/06, Jason 7/17/07, Jacob 5/23/09,
& Jillian 6/13/11 born at home in the water

December 17th, 2009, 07:19 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope your baby comes soon and at home healthy!

December 17th, 2009, 07:21 AM
noworries
Keep up what you are doing. I hope your little one decides to come soon and you can have the birth you are envisioning. I can't wait to hear your story and see pictures when s/he decides to enter the world.
December 17th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, I didn't realize how close you were already! I hope your little one comes before any other complications arise and you can him/her safely at home like you want!
December 17th, 2009, 07:25 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
come on little bebe!!! Mommy wants to meet you!! And I'm DYING to know boy or girl!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
December 17th, 2009, 07:37 AM
E1izabeth's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sending you loads of baby come out vibes!
Fomerly known as 1SonSoFar, now awaiting Baby #3!!!

December 17th, 2009, 07:40 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Come out, Little One! Mommy and Daddy are anxious to meet you!

December 17th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Oh I hope baby comes soon for you!! My midwife said in the last week or so its normal for BP to elevate slightly, so maybe its just a sign that you are close!! My BP normally is on the low side too but in the last couple weeks it creeped up around 120/80 ish but she wasn't concerned at all.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

December 17th, 2009, 11:09 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep, that is what my midwife said too kelli. But then the swelling made us both a bit concerned, b/c the two together are more worrisome.

But today's lower reading was reassuring to me a lot, and I've lost some mucus plug and had some spotting/show, so some cervical change is happening!

December 17th, 2009, 11:09 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Good luck! What's the problem with low iron, aside from it making you feel tired? I just found out I'm borderline anemic and was told to take supplements. Just wondering.
Come baby come!
December 17th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaMama View Post
Yep, that is what my midwife said too kelli. But then the swelling made us both a bit concerned, b/c the two together are more worrisome.

But today's lower reading was reassuring to me a lot, and I've lost some mucus plug and had some spotting/show, so some cervical change is happening!
ah, that makes sense! yay for spotting and mucus, great signs!

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

December 17th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sending tons of baby come out vibes to you! I can't believe how close you are already!!

December 17th, 2009, 01:38 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
wow, you are so close! I hope you can have your LO at home without any problems honey!
December 17th, 2009, 02:06 PM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so excited for you!! I really can't believe it's here already.
December 17th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lots and lots of baby come out vibes! I can't wait to read about your homebirth!

Thank you Vicki for my siggy!
December 17th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I can't not believe that you're already here, almost at your EDD! It seems like just yesterday you had your BFP! I'm so excited for you!

Sending lots of baby come out vibes!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
December 17th, 2009, 03:26 PM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
Yay! Hopefully your little one decides to make their appearance soon! Can't wait to hear that it's happening for you! Lots and lots of EL and Come Out Baby Vibes coming your way!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search