Bradley Method?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2009, 03:06 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies! I've been lurking a bit, and have a question for you. My name is Shannon, I'm 26, and dh and I are expecting our first baby in April. We really want to plan for a natural childbirth and are very interested in the Bradley Method because of the fact that it gets dh so involved, and they have a great success rate for NCB. Hubby and I are both currently reading Dr. Bradley's book. I'm looking into taking a local class, but thought before I spent the money on it I would get opinions from people who have used it, or who were prepared to use it. Can you give me your opinion on this method? Good things, bad things, personal stories, etc?

Thanks so much, your input is greatly appreciated!

December 21st, 2009, 06:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I used it successfully with my first birth and am using it again with my 2nd. I'm not taking the class again, just re-reading my handbook and stuff. I found Natural Childbirth: The Bradley Way to be the best book on the method for me. The class was helpful to meet others planning the same type of birth and to go over the info more in-depth. I liked how there is a huge variety of relaxation techniques taught by both the books and the classes. It was really easy to find some that really worked for me.

December 21st, 2009, 10:10 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We absolutely loved it. If you search Bradley Method in this forum, I think it will pull up a lot of similar threads. (I only suggest this because the forums get a lot less traffic during the holidays, so you probably won't get as many responses as you usually would. This question gets asked a lot and gets a bunch of really great responses.)

December 22nd, 2009, 01:24 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOVED my bradley birth, even thought it was an induction. I couldn't have gotten through it without my bradley! It also made it easier on me to focus on getting through the evil pitocin contractions and let DH have the responsibility of knowing what was going on and what to do to make me better

I will use Bradley with all my subsequent births no questions asked! Worth every penny of the class IMO...

we loved it so much we're planning on taking the class to become instructors next year

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
December 22nd, 2009, 02:00 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! This is really helpful. I also did a search, and found out that a lot of other people had great things to say about Bradley as well. It's highly likely that we're going to sign up for the classes and I'm pretty excited about it!

December 24th, 2009, 07:18 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
I love Love LOVED it!!!! I would highly recommend it to anyone!

December 26th, 2009, 11:47 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I didn't use any method specifically, but I found the Bradley book to be super helpful!

Thanks for posting, no need to lurk! Please join right in. There is lots of great info in the subforum you might find useful as well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search