My appt with the OB today...

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2009, 03:52 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
I don't know if I've mentioned this here before, but my hospital requires that all VBAC-attempting patients who are in the midwife program must have at least one appt with an OB during the pregnancy and before delivery to go over the risks and all that of a VBAC... (because apparently they don't trust the midwives to give us accurate information ... more like they don't trust the midwives to scare us into repeat c-sections, lol).

Anyways, I had my one appt today and wrote about it on my blog: pregnant_niamh: Appt with the OB- 36 weeks Feel free to check it out.

December 21st, 2009, 06:16 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sound like you did a great job standing your ground! Just remember to do that in the hospital and you are going to have a great vbac!

December 21st, 2009, 08:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah for holding your ground - and I love your sig did you draw it?

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
December 21st, 2009, 08:42 PM
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Thanks guys! I'm glad that I only had to deal with an OB once during this pregnancy. My two midwives are FANTASTIC. Totally understanding where I'm coming from, and very very accommodating on my wishes. Both of them have worked in birth centers before and are absolutely on board with my "hippy ways" lol. I'm confident that I'll have a lot more of a chance to have the birth that I want this time around.

And yes, I drew it (my siggy). I couldn't find a greenman/holly king image that I thought would work in the siggy, so I just drew it out real quick and scanned it, lol. It's not the greatest work in the world or anything, but it was pretty much what I was looking for. Sometimes the only way to get what you want is to do it yourself. Probably why I started making our own cloth diapers, haha.

December 22nd, 2009, 07:17 AM
lttle_one's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lttle_one
I'm glad you had a good appointment! They had an issue with me not wanting a heplock, too, so I consented, because I figured if I was going to need to fight for something, that wasn't the place to do it. I didn't consent to CEFM, though, but I wasn't a VBAC patient, either. I think it's sad that patients are required to meet with an OB, since we know many of those patients wont' be given accurate info and may end up scheduling a repeat c-section instead.
December 22nd, 2009, 10:00 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm keeping everything crossed for a successful and lovely VBAC. You can do it!
December 22nd, 2009, 10:32 AM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That actually sounds like a pretty good appointment, and that OB sounds a lot like my OB - willing to work with me on the majority of my requests, even if I come across as 'annoying'. Here's hoping labor starts on its own before week 42 and you can work with your wonderful midwives to have the birth you want and deserve!
December 22nd, 2009, 10:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad things went well.

On the external fetal monitors- do they have the wireless ones? I had continuous monitoring (baby was having some HR issues they wanted to track) but they had a wireless system that you just carried a battery pack in your pocket and could walk the halls etc. You could even wear them in the tub and shower. I don't think they kept me from doing anything at all. My doula did say other local hospitals didn't have that equiptment - so it's worth asking about.

I hope it all goes well!

Thank you Vicki for my siggy!
December 22nd, 2009, 12:22 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Glad it went well- have to read it tonight though, can't get blogs at work!

December 22nd, 2009, 08:29 PM
Thanks guys! I will definitely ask my midwife at the next appt if the external fetal monitor is wireless or not.

December 22nd, 2009, 10:30 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad that overall the appointment went well! I'm envious! Good for you for standing your ground on stuff and I'm glad you have awesome midwives to back you up and shouldn't even have to deal w/ the OBs!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search