How were your holidays?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2009, 07:58 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Ours were pretty nice. Santa was VERY good to us this year. I got an imac from John, pretty much unexpected, although I should have known. We don't typically ever get each other things we didn't already pick out ourselves, so I wasn't expecting it. Cadie got a million things from everyone, and she was overwhelmed for sure. A few meltdowns but nothing too awful. My parents were here for a few days, they don't get to see Cadie often enough so they were elated. John's parents came for dinner. John cooked braised short ribs and they were devine!

all in all it was a great day!
December 27th, 2009, 01:03 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Ours was good! It was sooo nice to be home for once! We had a pretty low key day...My bets friend and her husband (who live down stairs from us) took care of brunch, and I was in charge of dinner. I made goose which was a first, and it wasn't half bad! I also mad stuffing, sauteed green beans, cranberry sauce, and sweet-potato cass...and finally for dessert, I mad a spice cheesecake! Yummy!!

My husband spoiled me rotten this year with gifts! He got me a Grain Mill, and a GPS!!!(along with a few other things) I was sooo excited!

BE had a lot of fun, and seems to be enjoying all his gifts! When the time came to open them all, it was pretty funny as he just looked at me like "you actually want me to do this?!" He kept getting sidetracked by the paper (he likes to try and eat it) His favorite was probably the Sophie the giraffe (go figure...the freebie)
He had his first candy cane...well sort of...we didn't take the wrapper off, but he still ended up getting a taste of it despite that....just enough to get his hands sticky before mom took it away! (I know...I'm so mean!)

December 27th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ours was pretty nice. I went way overboard cooking and we have tons and tons of leftovers, but that's fine.

Lily's favorite gift was a toothbrush in her stocking She's pretty happy with the play kitchen we bought her as well. She got a boatload of stuff from our families (I have one sister and DH has 6 sisters and they all spoil her, plus grandparents/assorted relatives).

December 27th, 2009, 03:07 PM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It was great! My favorite gift was from my parents - they are paying for a maid service for us for after the baby comes, so that we'll get a complete house cleaning 1x month for 6 months!!!
December 27th, 2009, 05:10 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
omg that is a GREAT gift!!!!
December 27th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Regular
Heh! I just got home from Christmas! We went to my inlaws on Christmas morning and got snowed in until today. It was nice to be around everyone and all- but two days of being stuck in the house with the lot of them was maybe a touch excessive lol! But, the kids got spoiled rotten so they're happy, and we're just glad to be home!
December 27th, 2009, 06:41 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
We had a good Xmas. With DH out of work, etc, we only did gifts for DD and she had a ball Xmas eve, we went to friend's house with 14 people and it was soooo nice. I am going to post a few pics the big thing in the last picture was from my good friend, it is HUGE but Zoe loves it!

December 27th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
We had a great holiday! I just now uploaded the pictures and stuff: pregnant_niamh: Dhabolt Holiday 2009!

Check em out.

Aww, what adorable pictures of Zoe. <3

December 27th, 2009, 08:10 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
@Rachel - that gift is genius! I'm envious!

We had a super busy day. I made it full term/37 weeks on Christmas day! We did our Christmas in the am, Christmas with my parents in the afternoon & then with the ILs that evening. I was wiped! But we enjoyed the company, the food, and got some great gifts to boot!

December 28th, 2009, 08:32 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Christmas was good but extremely busy. We did dinner and presents with my parents, grandfather, and MIL on Christmas Eve. Lily got a baby doll and stroller. Then on Christmas morning, my parents and grandfather came over to watch Lily open her present from us. We gave her a toy kitchen that she played with nonstop for over an hour. After that we headed to my SIL's house to do presents with DH's family. Lily got way too much there and was pretty overwhelmed with my two nieces running around crazy. She didn't even finish opening her gifts before we had to take her home. After a failed attempt at a nap, we got a call that my sister was coming home from the hospital with her baby, so we headed down to have dinner with them and my parents. Lily didn't even manage to open any presents there before having a meltdown and falling asleep.
December 28th, 2009, 08:56 AM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Zoe is such a cutie! Great pics!!
December 28th, 2009, 10:55 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Ours were great. This was the first year we didnt go home to CA for Christmas. So it was just us. We opened gifts in the morning. The kids were thrilled. Katelynn got a tad annoyed with not being able to take all the toys out the boxes after she unwrapped them. David was just so excited it was unreal. We had an early dinner with just our family. Then we just hung out as a family at home enjoying the kids. It was a great day!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search