Birth plan help - hypnobabies & cue words

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2009, 08:34 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
My midwife knows that I plan to use hypnobabies for this birth. (I'm finally getting around to starting to listen to the cd's). She asked me what cue words she could write in my chart so she or any midwife that might be on call would have that info to help me during labor.

Well, I've been reading through and in the Birth Partner's guide I notice that 'Relax' and 'Release' seem to be the 2 main keywords. But then there's all the 'scripts' too. Do I really need to give my midwife and doula the whole written out scripts? Or should I just take bits and pieces of it?
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

December 31st, 2009, 08:47 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I think it depends on what you are comfortable with and what they are willing to do.
I know if I tried to get DH to do the scripts he'd either lose them or screw them up which would end up driving me crazy. So we are just using the cue words.

I also have pretty much trained myself to convert contraction to pressure wave when someone says it, as I do with labor to birthing time. Since I will be giving birth in a hospital and I know not everyone will pay attention to what they are saying, it's easier to change how I hear things than to worry about what others are saying.

December 31st, 2009, 10:47 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wrote a lot about how I could be helped in my birthplan. It's very long, but I had a homebirth, so that worked out fine. If I'd planned a hospital/ob birth I'd have made it about 1/4 as long.

Birthing :
We have prepared for my birthing with HypnoBabies, and would like to substitute some terminology for common terms. I plan to refer to my contractions in only positive terms, and prefer the phrasing pressure waves or birthing waves. Strong, powerful and intense are all preferred terms, please refrain from using words like pain, discomfort and hard. We are referring to labor as the birthing time, because that wording feels better for me. Positive phrasing is very meaningful and important to me in this time, and I appreciate all of your efforts.

My support team has been carefully and lovingly chosen, and I thank you all for caring for my in this special time. Christina is my midwife, and I see her role as that of a guardian of peace and safety and a guide for us. Rob is my wonderful husband and our child’s loving father. I see his role as that of a pillar of strength and loving support for me. Nicky is my Doula, and I see her role as that of a guide, available to gently encourage and provide compassionate support. She will also be documenting our birthing by keeping notes for my birthing story and taking photos and video. My mother, Dawn, is also going to attend our birth, and will be called towards the end, by Nicky. I see her role as providing additional love and as a quiet supporter.

HypnoBabies has prepared me to birth actively, in a relaxed and comfortable state. I have learned to focus natural hypnotic anesthesia through using cue words and focused relaxation and hypnosis techniques. These special words are “peace” and “release”. Please use these words and encourage me to use them myself often and whenever you feel it would help. Encouraging me to take my comfort and hypnosis deeper is beneficial. Hearing about how natural and intuitive this process is is helpful to me, and I enjoy hearing how my body and baby are working in harmony to birth my baby safely and comfortably. We will be playing my CDs through my birthing time and I welcome your additional verbal support and suggestions. If you notice that my relaxation is slipping please verbally support me in going deeper into relaxation and accepting and appreciating my body and the natural anesthesia my hypnosis is creating for me. My special words are very helpful, as is the deepening CD track.

During my pressure waves I will be in a deeply relaxed state, so please only talk to me or do any necessary care between these waves. If anything unexpected comes up please allow us as much time and communication as possible before making any decisions. We would prefer for any intervention to not be spoken of, and only recommended when truly necessary. Helpful suggestions for progress such as positioning are appreciated.

Our bathtub will be available to me for water birthing or relaxing in during my birthing time. I also have a peaceful retreat in our back porch, yard and private patio if weather permits. I would appreciate if our main (black) gate would remain shut during my birthing time, it is easily opened to pull your car in.

We have a camcorder and a digital camera, as well as a film camera. Please take plenty of photos of our birthing time, our baby’s arrival and of our family time if you notice the need. Candid shots are perfect, as that won’t disrupt my relaxation.

Please remind me to eat and drink often. I get weak when I go too long without eating, so please strongly encourage me to have a little something even if that isn’t my preference. I like hot teas with honey, and will have a variety of snacks available and labeled among my birthing supplies and in our kitchen. Please also remind Rob to take care of himself, as he can forget himself when I need him.

The CDs I may want to choose from during my birthing time are HypnoBabies disk 5 (track 1- birthing affirmations), disk 6 (birthing guide, tracks 1 easy first stage and track 2 pushing baby out) and disk 2 (tracks 1, fear clearing session and track 2 deepening) Please help keep these playing at a comfortable volume.

It is a priority for us that Rob provides most of the obvious/physical support, so please help support him in helping me in my birthing time. Types of support I anticipate appreciating are verbal support, massage and aromatherapy. I have many of my Doula things out and in our birthing supplies area, so they are easily available.

Pushing:
Please gently support and guide me in gentle pushing/breathing baby down and out, if you feel I need support. I would prefer not to hear verbal suggestions about burning, etc, and would prefer to be guided in listening to my body and instincts to gently birth my baby. My body knows what to do, I only need to let it work.

Rob plans to catch the baby, and announce the gender. Please quietly guide him if necessary.

In the moments of birth we would like it to be quiet unless necessary. I want our voices to be the first baby hears, and would prefer all conversation be delayed. I would like our hands to be the ones tending to our baby as much as possible, so please guide us as much as is possible in caring for our baby if any stimulation or additional care is necessary. Your efforts in communicating non-verbally are very appreciated.

Family time:
We will not be naming our baby at the birth. We want to have time to privately choose a fitting name for our baby at a leisurely pace. Gender pronouns or “Baby” is fine. No pressure please.

Please wait until I request it to clamp/cut the cord, I want to wait until I feel baby and I are ready. Please don’t offer it unless something makes it necessary.

Please allow Rob to be an active participant in the newborn’s exam, doing as much himself as he can. He and I would prefer to wash (if necessary) and diaper our baby in our own time.

We would prefer not to share our baby until we’re ready. We’ll let you know if or when we are ready to have others hold our baby. I promise there will be plenty of time later for you to hold and bond with our little one.

When I am ready for a shower Rob and our baby will join me. Thank you for giving us our privacy.

Notes for our birthing team:

Please keep any outside conversation/chit chat to a minimum as our house is not very soundproof.

Our guestroom is a good place for you to be able to relax/rest if you need it.

Anything in our fridge/pantry is available to you. We do not have a microwave, but the oven easily heats food up quickly. Our freezer is stocked full of food.

For any cleaning I would prefer tea tree oil or vinegar to be used, but also have simple green available if necessary. All supplies are in our laundry room. Tea tree oil is on the vanity counter in our master bath.

For the tub please just empty it, remove any debris, and refill with water and a few cups of vinegar with 3-5 drops of tea tree oil and put the jets on for a few minutes, then rinse out.

For laundry please use the ECOS detergent (to first line), adding 1 cup of vinegar if necessary for mild stains. For larger stains we have oxy-clean, which I use in addition to detergent and vinegar (1/2 scoop).

Again, thank you so much for appreciating our wishes for the birth of our baby. We have planned and anticipated this day for so long, and are so thankful to be blessed by your attendance and care.

December 31st, 2009, 02:52 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
not sure, I haven't started the program yet.
January 4th, 2010, 06:28 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
Thanks ladies. I will be giving birth in the hospital, but the only ppl that will be in the room helping me are my midwife, doula and dh. There will be 1 nurse on hand during the actual delivery - but they are great about staying out of the way and keeping quiet. The nurses are very hands off with the patients of midwives (which is great). My last 2 were preemies which required extra nurses to be on hand in the room, but even then they stayed off in a corner until baby was out and they could do their assessments.

So anyway - I could write up a 5 page birth plan and they'd be ok with that.

I won't be having my dh read the scripts either - sad to say but he's the type that would just make a big joke out of them and would be no help at all. He's not very good in the delivery room lol.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search