BFing rant!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2010, 05:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OK so I have been BFing Noelle since day 1.

Well I am getting tired of my family especially a certain someone that when I am feeding Noelle the breast just barging in on us and wanting to hold a conversation!!!

I haven't gotten the guts yet to BF in public and when I am around family especially with the past holidays, I prefer to be in a room alone with Noelle, lights turned off or down, and it just be me and her all nice and warm and quiet. I usually strip my top and bra off and have Noelle at least torso bare and have skin to skin contact. I love being in my moments with my daughter and listening to her take gulps of milk... BUT why the H*LL is it that a certain family member of mine wants to barge in and obviously doesn't get it when I am crude to them about wanting to be alone...

I have numerous vents about this person, I am tired of being barged in on, I am tired of getting pointless phone calls just to tell me she is having baby withdrawls and miss holding "the baby", and I am tired of being a hovered around by a baby obsessed vulture!!

I don't know how many times I can be crude, rude, ignorant, and down right mean and they still don't understand to back off!!

At Christmas, this person wanted to know why my grandmother got to hold Noelle, my child is NOT a toy!!

OK... so this rant went off way off, but still I feel a bit better, but am so frustrated!!!
January 1st, 2010, 05:47 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
that sucks! What about making a sign for the door? Might help...
Courtney, Nola, Kya, Whitney, and baby girl #5 coming soon!
January 1st, 2010, 05:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well I am hoping that with the holidays being over I don't have to worry much except for the phone calls...

This person had the balls to lock me out of the house because she said we can leave and the baby can stay the night... i laughed and said No but she jokingly locked us out of the house... I was livid and snapped on CHristmas at this person who is a family member....
January 1st, 2010, 06:14 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
who is it? no need to be so vague!
January 1st, 2010, 06:32 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I agree with the sign on the door if this person is around. Sounds frustrating.

January 1st, 2010, 06:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yikes, I'm sorry this person is acting this way! I have an idea of who you are talking about based on what you said.

That's a really tough situation, especially when she just doesn't seem to be catching onto your not so subtle hints. I don't have any advice, obviously you will know how to handle any of your family members better than anyone. I hope you are able to figure out a way to get your point across though!

Expecting baby #4 in April - It's a BOY!

Two Little Monkies on Etsy
January 1st, 2010, 07:05 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Wow. I think at that point I'd leave the phone off the hook, lock the doors, close the blinds and disable the doorbell just in case. I'm sorry someone in your family is smothering you like that!

January 1st, 2010, 07:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by corny7474 View Post
Wow. I think at that point I'd leave the phone off the hook, lock the doors, close the blinds and disable the doorbell just in case. I'm sorry someone in your family is smothering you like that!

Smothering is the exact word...

I love this person dearly... my aunt, but seriously I am not a child anymore and am tired of being treated like I am one. When I was pregnant I went through hell and back with stress between my mom and her... I really couldn't enjoy my pregnancy with my family especially my mom, and not I am just having issues with my aunt my mom has gotten alot better...
January 1st, 2010, 07:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow. I'm sorry that sucks! I can't believe locking the door - even as I joke- I think I would have flipped. If your mom has gotten better - could she talk to your aunt? Could you sit her down and tell her not to enter the room if you put a note - or even something cute - on the door? Or you could shove something in front of it LOL. old school! I hope you figure something out.

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
January 1st, 2010, 07:44 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
sheesh, she really sounds like a piece of work. I suggest the direct approach if it continues. Just tell her you want privacy.

soon, nursing sessions will start being faster, so at least you will have less chance to be bothered by her.
January 1st, 2010, 07:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl33 View Post
sheesh, she really sounds like a piece of work. I suggest the direct approach if it continues. Just tell her you want privacy.

soon, nursing sessions will start being faster, so at least you will have less chance to be bothered by her.
Very true... with the time I have with my daughter I love it when its just her and I skin to skin and all alone... yes I am having a moment...
January 1st, 2010, 08:09 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Stick a chair under the doorhandle. I would've lost it completely by now, you're a better person than me.

January 1st, 2010, 09:31 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I feel for you! Just hearing about it makes my blood boil! Do the doors not lock? I would just lock them and tell them "We're busy" when they knocked to get in. Seriously locking YOU out though? That's where I'd draw the line... I would have been a nightmare mama bear to deal with. I'm glad your relationship with your mom is better now that you aren't pregnant - it sounds like you learned a lot of patience from that scenario... but with your aunt being so overbearing, you don't need to feel guilty for not being patient anymore. Rip her a new one!

January 2nd, 2010, 10:23 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
so frusturating. I'd prob cut her off long ago from contact, esp w holidays over....

January 2nd, 2010, 12:08 PM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm really sorry she's being such a pain. I know in previous threads you've talked about how it has been hard for you to talk with her and get her to understand. You could maybe try explaining this one once, but if she doesn't get it, then just don't go around her! Don't answer the phone if you know it is her (or have someone screen your calls and lie and say you are sleeping if it is her) and don't invite her over until she can learn to leave you alone and respect your way of being a mommy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search