Does anyone know the chances?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2010, 03:35 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
Of having a repeat breech? I looked online (dangerous, I know!) but I found conflicting information, and I forgot to ask my midwife at my appt last week. Though I'm (or should I say DH is) not yet 100% that we're having another, I'm concerned. If we do decide to have another, we both really loved having a homebirth, but my midwife will not deliver a known breech. If it's a surprise, well, too bad. Anyway, can anyone direct me to some info? I don't think it has anything with the shape of my uterus or pelvis, as my first was head-down like she was supposed to be, but I'm sure I could be wrong.

January 4th, 2010, 03:51 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I don't, but my first thought is check the unnecessarian ?

didn't she only turn breech in labor? For breech in pregnancy, you can do lots to have baby turn. I have a whole list of things in the subforum, under breech babies.
January 4th, 2010, 03:53 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If your first was vertex with no problems it is unlikely you will have a second breech at term.

Between your first and second pregnancy did you have any type of injury? Fall on your bottom? car accident? pain in back/pelvis after delivery? did you have SPD? If your answer to any of those questions is 'yes' then you have a chance of a repeat breech, but a Webster trained chiropractor started as early in pregnancy (or before) as you can afford is an excellent tool.

I had 3 breech babies followed by a vertex baby thanks to seeing a chiropractor who helped get my wonky pelvis back in shape.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 4th, 2010, 07:49 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
No to all those except maybe the fall on the bottom? I don't remember falling, but if it wasn't serious I wouldn't think anything of it and likely have forgotten. I was in a car accident, but that was before even my first and it wasn't a serious one. I wasn't injured. Due to some weird sensations I had and a couple of really hard contractions following them, I *think* she turned during labor. And my midwife keeps going "How did I miss that?!" I don't think she did. I'm pretty sure that Tesla was head down. To support that theory is where I was feeling movement during the last few weeks of my pregnancy (down low in my pelvis) and where my midwife was finding the heartbeat during labor (also down low). So I think she was in pike position so her hands and feet were moving in the same spot, and during labor my body said, "Hey, we can't get her head out like this" and flipped her around. But I am not a Dr, so what do I know?

January 4th, 2010, 08:06 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is quite possible that she needed to be breech to be born. There is a woman on the ICAN list that had persistent breeches with external versions after her first c-section with her last baby she decided to let baby decide how it was born, and she had a vaginal breech VBAC. Her body just is meant to birth a breech baby.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 5th, 2010, 06:39 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
could also be related to the cord.

January 5th, 2010, 07:45 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
yeah, I would look more into this short cord syndrome you seem to have....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search