EPO and RRL tea

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2010, 07:23 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm wondering what is a good amount of each of the evening primrose oil and red raspberry leaf tea. I'm 38 weeks and 4 days, I guess I should have started a little earlier, but better late than never. I just have no idea what a good amount is. I have 1000mg tablets of the EPO. I've been searching the internet and can't find anything, so I thought this would just be the easiest way to find out. Thanks for the help!

January 11th, 2010, 06:19 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
are you planning on doing it vaginally or orally? Both is good, and youi can do one cap morn and night, in both ways.

THe RRL tea you can drink to your hearts content.

January 11th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The RRL I was told to drink about 3 times a day between meals. EPO I took 2-3 times a day, and did orally in the morning and afternoon and vaginally at night.

Expecting baby #4!

January 11th, 2010, 07:53 AM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a little apprehensive about doing the EPO vaginally. It just freaks me out a little. My appointment tomorrow might change those feelings if I have no progress again, though! Thanks for the help.

January 11th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I started taking EPO at 34weeks and was taking 2000mg, at 36weeks I upped it to 3000mg of EPO orally... my water broke at 38 weeks...

I started taking RRL tea at 18 weeks and was drinking a couple cups a day, but the time I was in the late 20-ish weeks I was drinking 2-4 liters a day of it...
January 11th, 2010, 09:03 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
My midwife says - EPO - 1500 to 2000 mg's daily. RRL tea - 2-3 cups per day. Both starting around 34-45 weeks.

I started both today. I take the EPO orally. But in a couple weeks will start using it for perineal massage also.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search