Any hope for backpain relief?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2010, 07:39 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
I've been dealing with the lower back discomforts off n on. But now for the last 3 days straight it is neverending and won't easy up I've been going to the chiro, getting down on all 4's doing pelvic rocks, using the birthing ball, using a heated rice sock, etc. Nothing is helping. I want to crawl out of my body - and I have a Very high pain tolerance. I started to wonder yesterday morning if it wasn't maybe the start of back labor - but I'm not feeling any contrax, just the BH's here n there but really nothing out of the ordinary. I don't know what else to try! Any suggestions? I really don't like taking any meds unless absolutely necessary.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

January 17th, 2010, 08:35 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I am not sure myself how to tell if baby is posterior but I do know that hypnobabies has a track for getting baby to turn and that also some of the things you can do to get a breech baby to flip are also effective for getting baby to turn.

Hopefully someone else can tell you how you can tell (if you can) I have been wondering this myself in the last few weeks.
January 17th, 2010, 09:07 AM
He is posterior right now, once in awhile he'll turn around but not often. I usually feel his "punches" towards the front. Most of my babies were like that then turn the right way just before or during labor (I had 2 that didn't and were born posterior). I've really been trying to make time each day for my hypnobabies cd's but with the discomfort it's really hard to even relax enough through them because I have to keep changing positions.

January 17th, 2010, 09:52 AM
they have a specific one for getting baby to turn around- you download it from the site

Hypnobabies hypnosis for child birth that really works
January 17th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Have you tried a warm bath? That seems to be the best thing for me right now. Also acupuncture is great. Maybe go swimming - just to get the weight off of your back. - I almost always have some lower back pain - pregnancy really adds to it and I'm only 22 weeks. Yikes.
Big Hugs and I hope you get some relief soon!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
January 17th, 2010, 04:07 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you are in so much pain. Have you tried stretching? Stretch the hamstrings, piriformis and hip flexors. That might help with the back pain.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 17th, 2010, 04:40 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
acupuncture or a good massage from someone certified in prenatal massage (with the pillow system so you can lay face down).

January 17th, 2010, 04:45 PM
so how do you tell if baby is posterior?
January 17th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks ladies - have tried warm baths but no help - will try some stretches.

To Cheryl - by my best guess I can tell baby is posterior by where I am feeling the movements and I always tell my midwife how I *think* baby is position then have her confirm it by feeling around. When he's anterior, when he pushes with his hands it feels like (sorry no better way to explain this lol) like his hand is just gonna pop right out of my butt lol. I can also feel/see him sticking his butt out - usually inline to the left of my belly button. But when he's posterior, I can feel his hands poking me just above the pubic bone, and feel/see him poking his knees out higher in my belly too (i know they're knee's because at the same time I can feel his feet up even higher or off to the side a bit.)

January 18th, 2010, 08:10 AM
that makes sense. Thanks for explaining.

You could also try doing forward bends (you don't have to touch the floor- you can use a yoga block or if you don't have one, just fold your arms) which will at least relieve your back of the pressure for a little bit. I LOVE forward bends all the time, but they were especially wonderful during pregnancy.

I would go for a good massage myself!
January 18th, 2010, 02:11 PM
I went to the chiro this morning and I think he must have gotten something to release that wasn't releasing before because the pain now is about a 6 on a scale of 1-10 compared to the 10 it was at for the past few days. So that's at least some relief

I would definitely go in for a nice massage if $$ wasn't an issue. My sis in law is a massage therapist trained in prenatal massage but she won't even cut me a deal (the inlaws dont like me much lol).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search