what a difference- nurse midwives in office vs home birth midwife!!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2010, 10:32 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
wow, that sounds pretty exciting, and maybe a bit scary at the same time. Maybe it would be different for you in the military but I know Alaska can be pretty isolating. I guess that's a theme in this thread.

I certainly didn't mean for this thread to me about me and my lack of a local social life! But I guess it has.

I don't mean to make it sound as if I have no options- I have the world at my fingertips if I want to do things 45 minutes to an hour away. That is fine sometimes, I LOVE Boston and Providence, but I can't build my day to say social life that way. I'm on a meetup list of AP moms that live just south of Boston and they do tons of great fun things but everything I google is 45 minutes away or more. Maybe someone else would be willing to do that all the time, but I can't for a bunch of reasons, one being gas money. My car is a Highlander so I'm not getting 30 miles to the gallon or anything. Plus I do not drive in bad weather due to a bad accident about 10 years ago that messed me up pretty badly, nerve wise. It just doesn't make sense when dealing with nap time (which I need too these days, badly) and all that. I really need things that are local as in half an hour or so for day to day activities and friends.

like I said, maybe that doesn't make sense to others, but it is what it is.
January 18th, 2010, 11:48 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I hear ya, Cheryl. It is hard to travel any distance with the LO's. Our yoga is 30 minutes each way and that is far. It is hard for us, because it is a large chunk of time, but I love it.

January 18th, 2010, 12:22 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I think people were just trying to help.

And way to blow off my paragraph about getting together. I guess I live too far away to be a convenient friend.
January 18th, 2010, 01:52 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know what you mean about traveling 30 minutes or more. My parents are only 30 minutes from us and i don't like driving to their house.

Maybe one of the other women in the group lives more in you area? If you went to a few activities you might find one of them is more local to you?

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 18th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is sooooo awesome! I can't wait to get pregnant again and to be able to experience that! What a blessing too for them to pass along the email of someone that will have a lot in common with you!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

January 18th, 2010, 07:20 PM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
That sounds like you had an amazing appointment hun! That really stinks about the friends issue. You would be more than welcome at my house! Big hugs hun!
I have the same deal. But I at least have Tiffany (Mystic_Mommy).

I noticed that you live in WA Lyndsey! How cool! I don't see many people from this area on JM.

January 19th, 2010, 07:48 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad you're loving your midwives. It is such a special, aweswome level of care.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search