doula, midwife, and 'so THAT'S why my back hurt so bad!'

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2010, 06:52 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
I went for coffee (well I had a smoothie) with my doula today and we went over my birthplan and talked quite a bit about stuff So we're on the same page with everything and ready to go when the time comes.

A few days ago I posted about the extreme increase in lower back pain - well guess I found out why today. Had my 35 week appt today - last week I was a fingertip, very high thick but soft cervix. Today - still fingertip but cervix is paper thin and very low - she said baby is "locked and loaded" - in other words, fully engaged. So I guess all that extra back pain was him moving down. She told me that Now would be a really good time to finish getting things ready. I told her I WILL make it to February but I think she has doubts. That's ok, there's only 12 days left of Jan. I WILL prove her wrong

Question - anyone experience weight loss as they neared labor? I don't remember losing at the end with my others. This pregnancy I have gained over 40 lbs which is doulbe what I normally gain. In the past 2 weeks though the scale has started going backwards - last week my weight was down 1/2 lb, this week it dropped another 1.5 lbs. My midwife commented "ya know.........a lot of women lose a few lbs shortly before labor". So just wondered if anyone experienced that?

I have my last 17p injection tomorrow so that SHOULD keep my uterus calm for the next 7-10 days (I HOPE). I don't know though, the BH's seem to keep increasing each day.

Ok just taking this one day at a time.............no time to panic lol, too much to do! And I really need to start cramming all those hypnobabies cd's in if I want to benefit at all from them.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

January 19th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow! Glad you figured out what the pain was all about! I never lost weight during either of my pregnancies, I gained every second, even while sleeping, LOL! But, I have heard that it's very common for woman to lose weight at the end of their pregnancy. I'm so excited for you. I hope he stays put a little longer for you though so you can get more out of hypnobabies!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

January 19th, 2010, 08:03 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
Thanks Tiff! I found someone that is going to loan me the "Stay In Baby" hypnobabies track so I can add that into my cramming as well It's just so hard to find time with no interruptions. With 6 little ones running around, Someone Always needs something, wants something, or just wants to tattle on someone lol. I've started borrowing my daughters IPod and put some tracks on there to listen to when I go to the chiropractor because when I go they have me on an automatic massage-like table for 20 minutes before my adjustments so I've just been asking them to let me be for the length of the cd track. At least there's 2-3 times per week I can hear them with absolutely no interruption. I've also been listening when I go to bed at night but always fall asleep before it's halfway through - I guess I'm still benefiting from it though without knowing it. Even if I don't get through it all, I'm sure whatever I do get in will at least help me somewhat.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

January 21st, 2010, 12:29 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I was thinking it had to be pretty tough to get any hypnobabies time in with 6 kiddos!

Glad you figured out what it was, so I guess this means baby is not posterior?

drooling at the thought of the automatic massage table!!
January 21st, 2010, 01:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom of 4 Js
I lost 2 lbs a week for the last two weeks of my pregnancy! I'm glad he is in position but I hope he waits until February to make his appearance!
Jordan 7/28/06, Jason 7/17/07, Jacob 5/23/09,
& Jillian 6/13/11 born at home in the water

January 22nd, 2010, 03:05 PM
ooh that might explain my backache then,I feel so excited now to be so near
January 25th, 2010, 04:25 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
yep, i always lose a pound or two as my last appt. still wondering if i'll make it to friday. i would be surprised, but i am also NOT using EPO or RRL pills this time.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

January 25th, 2010, 11:35 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've read that its one of the preliminary signs of labor to lose weight in the last few weeks. I had an appointment where I lost towards the end, but then after that I developed pre-e so I just kept swelling and gaining. Enjoy your weight loss and hopefully your little one will hold out until Feb!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search