For those BTDT moms....

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
If there was anything you could change about your birth, what would it be?

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 20th, 2010, 07:52 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would take pictures of me in labor, first time holding baby, baby still dirty and fresh out, Daddy's first time holding baby, baby with the midwives.

Unfortunately, the only people in attendance of the birth were me, Daddy and the midwives, so I didn't have anyone there who could take pictures, which is why we don't have any pictures of those moments. I regret that.

January 20th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I would have a doula and someone to do pics/video that wasn't family

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

January 20th, 2010, 08:06 AM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
The two main ones are: I would've hired a doula, I wanted to all along but let myself be talked out of it. I also would've waited the full 24 hours after water breaking to go in, I think that would help me feel like I did everything I could to avoid the pitocin.

I agree with the other ladies, someone to take pics would have been nice - we have none of the 3 of us together from the first few days.

January 20th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
nak......

no epi, no pit, and more pics taken
January 20th, 2010, 09:56 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
With David I would have fought harder for as natural of a birth as possible. I could have worked harder to stay focused during the contractions. It was hard to get comfortable or ina good position because of the mag I was on.

With Katelynn I would have made sure the camera was out and ready. I have pictures of all of David's birth and none of hers until she was out because she came out so fast we didnt have time.

And the major thing I would change in both births would be to have my husband by my side. He was out to sea for both of our kids.

January 20th, 2010, 10:36 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Move around more, and would have remembered my camera.
January 20th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In my eyes my last birth was perfect - I wouldn't change anything. I learned from my prior experiences and had a Doula and birth photographer. It was really fabulous.
January 20th, 2010, 12:03 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would have had my mom come in to the OR with me after dh left with dd. It was really scary.

I wish I knew of something I could have done to make the c-section unnecessary, but oh, well! lol

January 20th, 2010, 12:55 PM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
If we have another one, I'm going to let the baby come in it's own time. With Serenity I naturally induced myself (with help) using pressure points and once everything was said and done I think that she would have probably baked for about another week or so before she decided that she was ready.

We also decided that if we do have another that we aren't going to find out the sex either since we already have one of each. I think that will make it fun and my dad will like that since he never wants to know and then someone always spills the beans.

January 20th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wish I had done a home birth with Lily, but because she was my first I was a little afraid. I'm so excited to do a home birth this time.

January 20th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Regular
With my last birth (a home birth) I think I would have waited a little longer before calling everyone to come over. My folks and daughter were there within minutes, and it would have been nice to have a little more time with my new baby and no one else.
January 20th, 2010, 02:55 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
I would have listened to my gut feeling. I almost didn't get back in the tub after going to the bathroom the last time, which was about 2 minutes before I started pushing. If I hadn't gone back in we likely would have caught the snapped cord soon enough to keep the blood loss down and we probably wouldn't have ended up at the hospital. Otherwise everything was perfect.

January 20th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
More photos and an extra set of hands (for clean up, support, etc). I'm fixing that this time and hired a birth photographer (who is also a good friend) and I have my best friend and a doula here along with my m/ws and DH.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
January 20th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Like everyone else, I would of liked getting more footage of the actual labor (video and pics), we were pretty set on the birth itself. I will have a home birth next time, but had a water birth at a hospital this past time and I don't regret that, and I wish I would have breathed the baby out instead of pushing, which I will do with my next. I LOVED my last birthing experience and doing just those couple of things different I really will have MY perfect birth!!!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

January 21st, 2010, 04:42 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
more photos/video as well

no honey sticks- savory food only, with mild flavor.

had dh take a nap that afternoon, b/c he was tired!

get a bigger bathtub

otherwise it was perfect!

January 21st, 2010, 06:11 AM
Aeterna's Avatar Super Speshil
With my last baby, since it was only 15 minutes there wasn't a whole lot that could be changed. Nothing we really could have done differently. We were not expecting things to progress as they did.

I romanticized the heck out of it. I think I should have been more realistic given my history. I really, really wanted a water birth and had certain things I wanted to do or use. I really wanted to record me in 'labor' and the waterbirth and take pictures. This time my camera and camcorder were fully charged and ready, but things went too fast so we didn't get pictures until after.

January 21st, 2010, 02:27 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
It was really really perfect, the only thing I would like to have is more pictures and I wish I had video taped it - my whole labor was so short it would have been a mini-film lol!

Facebook
January 21st, 2010, 06:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
More pictures as well and insisted the stupid nurses would have kept her in the room while they worked on stopping my hemorrhaging.

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search