Birth Plans

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2010, 10:18 AM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been thinking about birth plans lately, and I was wondering, what exactly do they include? I know that I really need one, expecially since I want a natural birth but also want to be prepared if I end up with an emergency C-section or other interventions. How does one go about creating a birth plan? This will be my first, and we mostly likely will give birth in a hospital.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

January 21st, 2010, 10:29 AM
star shaped's Avatar Regular
I'm sure more experienced, informed women can give you better info, but I know there are several sites that offer to help you make an interactive birth plan, which you can then print out.

Birth Plan | Pregnancy Today

Create your own birth plan | BabyCenter

If nothing else, these might give you an idea about things to include in yours.
January 21st, 2010, 12:02 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
here is what I have complied-

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...rth-plans.html (Birth Plans)

I think birth plans are great, because they give parents to be a chance to really become familiar with all the aspects of labor and aftercare. I usually like to extend the warning though that everyone on your birth team should be very familiar with each point and the reason for what you have chosen, and to be in full understanding that no one might even read it, or care. Hopefully you get a caring respectful nurse, but there are no guarantees.

I had my daughter in a hospital (it was a small, quiet, NCB friendly hospital) and while no one pushed anything on me during the birth, regarding the baby aftercare, I had to remind them more than a dozen times of what we did and did not wish for. We did rooming in and our daughter never left our sight or the room. If you feel strongly about certain aspects of the baby aftercare, you do have to be watchful. Sometimes they just get in the zone of doing what they normally do and that type of thing. I don't mean to make it sound like the nurses are evil, just busy! Everyone gets used to a routine.

here are some more specifics regarding baby aftercare-

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...rocedures.html (routine newborn procedures)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search