Anxiety

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2010, 08:19 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm two day "overdue" and I think the reality that this baby will be here sooner than later is really setting in. I never took any NCB classes or anything. I've read lots of stories and almost everyone's on here. My mom and sister have both said concentrating on breathing is the most important thing, so I've been working on some breathing techniques to calm myself during the few BH's I've gotten. But....I am having this fear of completely falling apart when when my contractions start. I'm dedicated to a natural birth, and I have a wonderful support system that will be with me in the delivery room, but I am just having a lot of anxiety. I'm not sure if I'm even asking a question here, I just wanted to post somewhere, where I wouldn't be told to just get an epidural if I can't handle it! Thanks for listening!

January 21st, 2010, 08:26 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Girl, you CAN do this. Your body was made to do this... and so much of birthing is mental, I think. You just can't let your mind cave. Don't let yourself start considering an epidural... give your DH a list of reasons to remind you why its important to you to do this naturally... but really, just do a lot of positive thinking. Consider it pressure/tightening rather than "pain" ... don't get ahead of yourself and start worrying about the time or the next pressure wave/contraction... try not to focus on what the monitors are reading, etc. Just stay positive and know that there's no reason you can't do this! You will be just fine!

January 21st, 2010, 08:26 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((HUGS))) YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! The most important thing is staying calm and relaxed! Try to keep your muscles as relaxed as possible so that your body can do what it knows how to do and that is moving your baby out! You can do this, our bodies were made for this! You know what thought helped me the most during my birthing experience? Every time I had a contraction I imagined my baby wrapping his little arms around my uterus and giving me a really big, tight hug! I got this from Hypnobabies. Let us know how it goes.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

January 21st, 2010, 10:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Big Big hugs! You can do it!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
January 22nd, 2010, 05:51 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
confidence and belief in yourself are #1!!!! Picture yourself having a natural birth, and know that you will lsten to your body in labor, allowing it to take control and birth your baby safely. You are a woman, and therefore strong! You can do it!!!

January 22nd, 2010, 05:52 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I agree that you absolutely CAN do this. There will be times when you may doubt yourself but know that this is something your body was made to do. It knows what it is doing. When you feel like you just can't take it anymore, hang in there! It's almost always going to be over soon when it feels like this. The happiness you will feel when you deliver your LO the way you wanted to will be so worth it. We believe in you and I cannot wait to read your birth story!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 22nd, 2010, 06:03 AM
Gobaby1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You'll be amazed at how your body and motherly instincts will kick in and kick anxiety out when it comes time!

Although I didn't get my natural birth (I ended up with a emergency section and never even went into labor at 42 weeks) I told myself I can ANYTHING for 90 seconds. And listen to your body, it won't steer you wrong!

Good luck and you CAN do this! Can't wait to see pictures!

January 22nd, 2010, 06:42 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
good luck! trust your body, remember we are meant to do this. also, keep moving! this will help tremendously during labor. if you can, reread ina may's book, it is so empowering!.

January 22nd, 2010, 06:54 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
You Can do this!! And the more you convince yourself of that, the easier it's going to be I don't think any woman can truly sit here and say that labor/delivery didn't hurt.......it does. But it is short lived and manageable and if you keep your goal in site and use the tools you have learned it will be a wonderful experience

Just keep visualizing that perfect little baby you will have in your arms in the end
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

January 22nd, 2010, 08:00 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can do this! You were made to do this! Find your motivation and don't fight your body. It knows what to do - just let it! Like the other ladies have said, once you feel like you can't do it anymore, it's almost over! I know I had some anxiety with Dean, but it was the best most empowering experience of my life. You can do this - just believe in yourself and get excited about the experience and holding that baby!!!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

January 22nd, 2010, 09:04 AM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, you ladies have made me feel SO much better. Thank you so much! Hopefully I will be posting some pictures SOON!

January 22nd, 2010, 09:06 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I suggest checking out the subforum here, there is stuff in there on fear in childbirth, emotional prep for childbirth etc.....
January 22nd, 2010, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think being scared is normal. I have had 7 pain med free deliveries, two with pit. I am scared for number 8 as well, but know I can do it. One thing that helped me in my first delivery was I stayed home for the first twelve hours of labor. By the time I got there I was already 7-8 cm dilated and my water had broken. I knew I could do it and they didn't have time to try and push pain meds. I'm so glad I have done it naturally. I think not having pain meds has helped me avoid a c-section for my 7. I was in tune with my body and was able to walk around (for most of them).

For my last baby, we had a list of 25 names for the baby and hadn't decided on a name yet. So when every contraction ended, we crossed a name off the list, and we ended up with Nathan. And, to me, his name has a special meaning. I feel it's must for him. We will be doing it that way again. I loved it.

Hang in there! You CAN do this!

January 22nd, 2010, 11:45 AM
Regular
I think that fear is perfectly normal-- it would be stranger if you didn't have some element of fear in you. It's a big deal!! I'm a bit in the same boat- I'm a day past due with my third kiddo, my second homebirth- and you'd think I wouldn't be frightened, but I am! Being "past due" is really nerve wracking. When's it going to start? Is it going to be ok? Is everything ok in there? Will I ever go into labor? What if I don't? And on and on...

Watching beautiful homebirth and natural birth videos on Youtube helps me a lot. So does just sitting still and being present with yourself and your breath and your baby-- take a few minutes just to tune in.... And a nice warm bath and a cup of tea never hurt anything either!

Good luck!
January 22nd, 2010, 02:26 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can do it! Have faith in your body, yourself and your resolve. Go, Mama! Can't wait to hear about your birth and see the pics of your little one.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search