Back from hospital! Had a c/s :-( But labored naturally...

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2010, 04:47 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Here's the whole story: pregnant_niamh: Rhiannon is HERE!

Unfortunately had to have a repeat c/s so I didn't get my VBAC... however, I'm a lot more at peace with this c/s than I was with the first one, as this one was actually needed... whereas the one with my son, because there were so many interventions, it's hard to know if it was actually necessary or not... and if it was, if the necessity was caused by the other interventions... etc etc.

However, I went into labor totally on my own this time (no induction!) and labored completely naturally until they decided to do the emergency c/s. I'm so proud of that! Yeah, I wish I was able to get my vaginal birth... but I'm ok with this section's necessity. And I have a beautiful, healthy baby girl, so what more could I ask for. Plus, despite the c/s, the whole experience this time was just so much better.

Anyways, more details are in the extremely long birth story in the link above.

January 22nd, 2010, 04:51 PM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
Congratulations on your little girl!!!!
January 22nd, 2010, 04:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!

January 22nd, 2010, 04:57 PM
Gobaby1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!! I'm so glad she made it safe and sound and that you feel at peace with it... its sooo important!

Great job mama!

January 22nd, 2010, 05:05 PM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your little girl and glad to hear that your labor experience was better this time, even if it didn't end the way you were hoping.

January 22nd, 2010, 05:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! I'm sorry you did not get the vaginal birth you wanted, but I'm glad you are at peace with the c-section. She is beautiful!

Expecting baby #4!

January 22nd, 2010, 05:49 PM
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Thanks guys!

Yeah, I'm disappointed that we didn't get a vaginal birth... but feeling my body go into labor *on it's own* and getting to experience labor completely naturally was one of my major goals, and it felt amazing! I'm so proud of that, and my midwives really were very great and so helpful. Reseter talked me through each contraction and really helped me breathe through each one. She really did try to help me get my VBAC as best she could, but poor Rhiannon was just getting worse and worse with each contraction and after a while it was clear to everyone that she needed to come out ASAP.

Reseter was really great in letting me know how awesome I did and that the c-section was absolutely NOT my fault at all... sometimes these things just happen. That helped me be a lot more at peace with it.

January 22nd, 2010, 06:21 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! I'm sorry it wasn't the birth you were hoping for but it sounds like it was still a great experience.

January 22nd, 2010, 07:38 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on your next little one and congrats on having that experience of going into labor naturally, it's something that I felt robbed of with my first birth too. That is so awesome that you got to experience your labor to the fullest!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

January 22nd, 2010, 11:17 PM
Anisah's Avatar Mom of 4 + 1 in May 2010
Send a message via MSN to Anisah Send a message via Yahoo to Anisah
Congratulations! You did all the right things.
January 23rd, 2010, 01:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!!! I'm sorry you didn't get to deliver her vaginally - but happy all is well and you are happy! - now off to read the whole story

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
January 23rd, 2010, 05:58 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on a healthy and happy pretty little lady!

I'm sorry you weren't able to have the VBAC, but I am happy you were able to have some of the natural labor and that you were able to have the necessary Cesarean for Rhiannon. It's good to have the option when it's needed. Sorry about your extra day in the hospital and the formula feeding fiasco. Hope your placenta encapsulation works as you planned!

January 23rd, 2010, 06:29 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
Congratulations!! I'm happy to hear you were able to labor on your own and even though it ended differently than you had hoped for, that you were at peace with everything I hope the placenta stayed good
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

January 23rd, 2010, 07:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!

I love the first pic of her with daddy she looks like she is sticking her tongue out and saying "neener neener neener!" love it!
January 23rd, 2010, 08:57 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
congrats!!! I'm so glad you are happy with the way things went, that's what is most important, other than a safe baby of course!
January 23rd, 2010, 11:34 AM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
Niahm sweetie!!! Long time no "see". I'm glad you got to experience some fo the natural process of labor. After having induced and medical births, having a natural labor with Kai was amazing!!

Congrats on the birth of your little girl :-)

And if you ever give VBA2C a thought, you know where to find me!
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
January 23rd, 2010, 01:01 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! She's beautiful!

I'm sorry the vbac didn't work out. Your labor sounds a lot like mine, and while I'm disappointed I needed the c-section after all that work, I'm like you where I'm grateful to have been able to go into labor on my own and for the opportunity to try. Speedy recovery to you!

January 23rd, 2010, 02:56 PM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Congrats! She is beautiful!

Ya know whats funny though LtCmdr Reseter used to be stationed in Bremerton, WA lol and she was my Dr with my second DD Small world, shes an awesome lady too

January 23rd, 2010, 03:12 PM
Small world indeed! I just had someone else message me yesterday on JM saying that LtCmdr Reseter was the midwife for her two kids too! The military really is a small world sometimes, lol.

Isn't she awesome though?

And yeah, I mean, I've come to terms with Rhiannon's c-section, knowing that it was actually NEEDED in her case, and I'm SOOOO happy I got to spontaneously go into labor and I got to experience a completely natural labor. That was one of my big goals. So even though the birth part wasn't natural, the labor was and I take a lot of comfort (and pride!) in that. Plus, I got a gorgeous, healthy baby girl out of it all, so that's the most important thing.

It does deeply, deeply sadden me though to know that I will likely never experience a vaginal birth. I mean, I'll strive for a possible VBA2C, but I think most of what I'll be trying for is another spontaneous and natural labor more than the vaginal birth. It took a lot of effort on my part and my midwives' parts to convince the hospital to let me try for just a VBAC... I can only imagine how hard it's going to be to find a provider (that our insurance will cover) that will support a VBA2C. So, as much as it pains me... I have to come to terms with the fact that I will probably never experience the joys of vaginally birthing my babies. I tear up a little every time I think about it... *sigh*... I guess it kind of makes me feel like "less of a woman" or something, even though I'm sure that's probably stupid. I'm at peace with Rhiannon's c/s, but I guess not quite with the whole not ever having a vaginal birth thing.

I want to at least TRY to go into labor on my own though with the next one... even if I do have a c-section. It just wouldn't feel right (to me) to *schedule* a c-section, lol. It's just something I never thought I'd do. :-/

Oh! And the placenta turned out fine! Gwydd started the encapsulation process a little while ago and currently the placenta "jerky" pieces are in the oven. I've been taking some pictures here and there throughout the process to put on my journal.

January 23rd, 2010, 03:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh View Post

And yeah, I mean, I've come to terms with Rhiannon's c-section, knowing that it was actually NEEDED in her case, and I'm SOOOO happy I got to spontaneously go into labor and I got to experience a completely natural labor. That was one of my big goals. So even though the birth part wasn't natural, the labor was and I take a lot of comfort (and pride!) in that. Plus, I got a gorgeous, healthy baby girl out of it all, so that's the most important thing.
This is exactly how I feel about Mandy's birth! Someone asked me if I wished I didn't go through the 18 hours of labor and 2 hours of pushing before my c-Section, but truthfully the answer is no. I'm glad I got to experience labor. It was an amazing experience- although I could have done without the meconium in my water- that part was gross!

Thank you Vicki for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search