what do you think about this?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2010, 06:06 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
When I was pregnant with Cadie I knew 100% from the second we found out that she was a girl. Not a single doubt in my mind. This time, I have no strong hunch, but I really want another girl. I don't want a boy for some reason. I just see us with 2 girls. EVERYONE in my life is saying it's a boy. John says I have no strong hunch because I know it's a boy and I'm in denial.

This pregnancy has been a little different, but normally I don't put too much stock into old wives tales and that kind of thing, so I've tried not to analyze the little things too much. It seemed like I was sicker this time, but I feel like it's almost impossible to compare since so many other things are different (like having a 2 year old, dealing with poopy diapers, early mornings, etc) and then the incident where my whole face broke out in a rash.

I guess we will know in about a month, in the meantime it's starting to bug me a bit. Why is my intuition so off this time? Maybe John is right. I don't know.

thanks for reading my rambles.
January 24th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my second I had such big time girl fever that I convinced myself that the pregnancy was so completely different and I just new I was having a girl. So much so that when I found out I was really disappointed and thought they were wrong. I felt like such a terrible mother, I thought to myself, what kind of mom is disappointed when they find out what they are having and how could I have been so wrong!? For the record I LOVE my boys with everything I am. I am so happy that I had another boy. So, don't think I'm still a horrible mom, LOL! Oh, and when I went back and looked at my first pregnancy journal all of the descriptions of how I felt and what I was experiencing were the exact same as with my first son AND I carried exactly the same. Just thought I'd share my story so you don't feel too bad about not "knowing" what you are having. Sometimes it's better that way.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

January 24th, 2010, 06:30 AM
thanks. I know I will love this baby if it is a boy...but it will be hard for me to get used to until he comes along. I keep wondering why on earth I would wish for 2 girls, that will really bite me in the butt in about 12 years from now.....
January 24th, 2010, 07:10 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i want another girl sooo badly, that since we will 99.9% surely have another IUI, I have considered asking them if they offer microsorting. I want my little Sophia, so I totally understand where you're coming from!!

With Brylie, I was 147% convinced she was a boy...to the point where I would cry! I NEEDED to have a girl, but Sam comes from a family of boys. he is 1 of 3 boys, his dad is 1 of 6 boys and his grandpa is 1 of 11 kids, 10 of them are boys! When they told me "girl" i didn't even react. I didn't believe them! I made them show me the bits in 4D! Sam on the other hand, said from the day I told him I was pregnant that she was a girl.

Maybe your intuition is off for the same reason mine was - you just plain didn't think you could get what you were hoping for!! I didn't have much morning sickness with Brylie. Around 9w I started getting a little nauseous at night, and the sight of raw meat made me sick, but the morning of 13w1d, it was gone! It really wasn't bad at all!

You could scratch the itch and take the intelligender...even though they're not 100% accurate, they worked pretty well for everyone in my PR! I wanted to take one really badly, but I have PCOS so it has a disclaimer saying I would get a boy result no matter what so I can't shed on my experience!

I hope you get your little girl

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
January 24th, 2010, 07:32 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
With my 1st I just knew she was a girl - all through my pregnancy I was buying little girls clothes at every garage sale I could find. (we didn't find out the sex til birth). So I was not surprised when she came out a she.

With my 2nd I had a strong hunch he was a boy - he was.

3rd I had no clue.

4th I swore was a girl - it was a boy.

5th I denied myself having any hunches because we lost #4 and as silly as it is I connected me thinking it was a girl and really being a boy with the loss. It was a boy.

6th I reallllllllllly wanted a girl, so bad, so when they told me girl at the ultrasound I then had a "hunch" it was really a boy (probably because I wanted a girl so bad) so the instant she was born first thing I did was look between the legs and yell out "OMG it really IS a girl!"

7th one day I felt boy, the next girl. It was a girl.

This one I've felt all along it was a boy.

Sorry for that book lol. Hunches can be way off though and each pregnancy is soooooooooo different
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

January 24th, 2010, 07:42 AM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't help you here.

I just KNEW that I was having a girl my first pregnancy. I was a little let down when I found out that it was a boy. DH thought that it was a boy the entire time.

This pregnancy I refused to make any guess until about a week before the ultrasound. DH started saying that he was feeling girl and I started to believe it. At the U/S it was clearly a boy (and it was reconfirmed Friday). I had already prepared myself for it really being a boy this time around so I wasn't let down at least.

I love my DS1 and soon-to-be DS2. I've just decided not to listen to anymore hunches or oldwives tales.

January 24th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Anisah's Avatar Mom of 4 + 1 in May 2010
Send a message via MSN to Anisah Send a message via Yahoo to Anisah
I thought for sure I was having a girl this time because I only vomited twice. With my 2 boys I vomited sooooo much and with the girls I was only constantly nauseaus. So I thought for sure girl. Buut it's a boy. No doubt about it. I can't tell by my symptoms anymore. I think it has a lot to do with how much nutrition I am intaking.
January 24th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
With Lily I was pretty sure I was having a girl because they run in DH's family so much (he's the only boy and has 6 sisters. His dad was the only son, his grandpa was the only son, etc and it's his sperm that gives the X or Y to decide the sex).

This time around all of my symptoms were different and I was so sure it was a boy. I think a lot of it was that I wanted a boy really badly because I knew DH wants a boy eventually and I feel a lot of pressure from his family to have a son at some point. But according to the u/s we are having another girl and I'm completely happy with that, as is DH.

We will be having a 3rd baby though at some point and I'm holding out hope for a boy because then I might be able to convince DH to have a 4th (in hopes of having 2 boys and 2 girls total). But if the 3rd baby is a girl then I think we're done because we're already getting tons of comments from people about how we need to have a boy, etc. I think if we have 3 girls and keep having more kids then people will start assuming we are just trying for a boy and I don't want that assumption being made. DH's sisters are all older then him and they all feel like they were born just because his parents were trying for a boy and I think that is sad.

January 24th, 2010, 09:57 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
With my first i was sure it was a boy, but nope it was a girl. With my second i thought girl for sure and sure enough it was a girl. With my third i was thinking girl all the way which i think was due to really wanting a boy so i just convinced myself it was another girl, but sure enough we had a boy

January 24th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
All three of mine I knew were girls (although I tried to convince myself otherwise with Courtney because I didn't want to be disappointed). With every single one though, EVERYONE else said boy with few exceptions. I let it get to me with the last one because we didn't "know" for sure, and I wavered in my surety that it was a girl.

Good luck!

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

January 24th, 2010, 11:19 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Even though you want a girl I can totally see you with a boy too. In fact, I think you'd be a really kick-*** mom to a boy.

After waiting so long to get pregant, I honestly don't care one way or the other. I've always wanted girls growing up but I honestly see us having a boy first that will be my little man. But if it's a girl she'll be the most precious thing ever.
January 24th, 2010, 11:42 AM
how can intuition be so strong sometimes, then not there at all other times? Or right but other times wrong???

I believe strongly in mother's intuition so this is super interesting to me
January 24th, 2010, 11:46 AM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a dream years ago.. won't go into details but it's always made me convinced that I would have 2 girls. The day we found out I was pregnant... keep in mind just dh and I and she was a surprise... my dad had a dream out of the blue that I gave birth to a baby girl. We only found out after we told my parents about the dream. And even aside from all that I had a strong sense that I was having a girl. Still, all the dreams I had during pregnancy were of baby boys.

Now I'm totally convinced that I'll have a second daughter, so much so that if I ever find out I'm having a boy I'll be convinced that something will go wrong. (yeah, maybe a little crazy.. lol). I'd be totally happy with a boy or a girl, I just feel like we'll have 2 girls.

January 24th, 2010, 03:52 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't let myself think about it until a couple weeks before we found out. My mom was hoping for a boy, since she has 3 granddaughters only, and MIL insisted it was a boy, who knows why...Then a couple weeks before the u/s I was sure she was a girl. Every day we got closer, I was more sure, and when we had the u/s I could hear the tech say girl before she even did. I was just so sure. I had a growth u/s last week and she is definitely still a girl, so thats good!

January 24th, 2010, 04:44 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow... is it really only another month before you find out the sex?!

I get the boy vibe from you... and I've been wrong with every single person I've gotten a vibe from (except myself), so that has to increase your chances of having a girl.
At least you'll have some time to come around to the thought of a boy if it ends up being one.

Mother's intuition is a crazy phenomenon. With Levi I totally knew he was a boy, but kept telling myself it was a girl, so I wouldn't be too disappointed if the u/s showed a girl. Then I felt silly for trying to convince myself he wasn't a boy.

January 24th, 2010, 05:33 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
I knew that DS was a boy. One morning early on I just woke up and knew somehow. This baby has me stumped. I've been getting some strong girl vibes the last few weeks, but don't know if that's just because I'm desperate to feel something, anything, either way. I'm not finding out till the birth, so we'll see.

January 24th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My symptoms were different with Anna, more morning sickness, different pains, etc. I was convinced it meant I was having a boy. At my first ultrasound (this was 12 weeks, no way to tell the sex) I just looked at her and thought "It's a girl" and I have no idea where that came from. I was in such denial though, hoping for a boy (so we could have one of each) that I felt a bit disappointed when we did find out she was a girl. I wouldn't trade having 2 girls for anything though, I LOVE it!
January 25th, 2010, 04:22 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
i was wrong with both of my kids. i have a boy and a girl... this time, i have thought it was a girl all along, very strongly. i was hoping for another boy though, so i've also been hoping i was wrong. someone in my family TOLD me last week, after all this time. (i'm 36 weeks, but expecting her any day-- already 3.5 cm and have always been early.)
but, it is a girl. my other pregnancies were very normal and perfect. this one has brought scares around every corner, and i've had five ultrasounds. *sigh* i'm also not as big as i was with my other daughter, and carrying lower. we just never know!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

January 25th, 2010, 12:34 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
I never knew. No intuition whatsoever, and it always bugged me because like you, I believe in mom's intuition. Oh, well. Although I think sometimes maybe I did know, because I even though I swore both times I was having a boy, I always looked only at girl stuff. Or I could just be really confused!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search