And the game begins..........

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2010, 02:27 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
You know, that "Is it labor is it not" game? Yeah I don't like that game, I Always lose! lol.

So for the past 4 days or so I've been having a lot of 'dampness' here n there that is definitely not urine. So I either have a very slow water leak and his head keeps 'corking it', or just very watery discharge.

Then today for 2 hours straight I was having very consistent contractions 3 minutes apart last 45 sec to a minute each. They weren't painful but the pressure was way more intense. Then dh called with his daily "are you in labor yet" check in and I told him ask me again in a couple hours. Well of course as soon as the words came out of my mouth, the contrax spaced out to anywhere from 6 mins to 11 mins apart, very irregular. But now there's a lot of dampness again. And I've had diarrhea all day along with some cramping from that.

5 of my 6 kids were pitocin - and the one and only that wasn't, I arrived at the hosp. 6 cm's, contractions pretty much on top of each other, felt nothing and still didn't believe I was in labor. Which makes it tough to know.............will I Really know I'm in labor? lol.

I'm really hoping he holds out at LEAST another week but I have a feeling that won't happen. I just wish the 'iffy' stuff would go away. Either I'm gonna be in labor, or not be in labor, but I hate the 'inbetween' and not knowing part lol. I have an appt with my midwife tomorrow afternoon so will have her check to see if I have indeed sprung a leak. I refuse to go to L&D until I am at least 80% sure I am in labor. But at the same time, I don't want to be sitting on my living room floor catching the baby and freaking out my 6 kids haha, and if I wait until it Really hurts - well then that's probably going to be the case.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

January 25th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It definitely sounds like you are getting close!

January 25th, 2010, 05:54 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
not the most fun game on earth, is it?
January 25th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know you don't think it's fun right now. But, me, not being in your shoes and not being pregnant at all for that matter, it makes me all happy thinking about the excitement of going into labor. LOL! I can't wait to hear how wonderful your birth is going to be!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

January 25th, 2010, 06:48 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
I hope your body will stop playing and that you get your answer soon!

January 25th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you get your answer soon aren't playing the labor game too long.
January 25th, 2010, 07:08 PM
lol thanks ladies I definitely don't WANT to be in labor right now, especially since I'm only 36.2 weeks. But this is my 8th pregnancy so I may as well face the fact that 40 weeks just isn't all that plausible.

I received my last 17p injection last wednesday so I'm wondering if the effects from that are starting to wear off contributing to the contractions too. (normally the medication lasts 7-10 days). Who knows, maybe still having that lasting effect from it is the only thing from me being in full labor right now. I'm still having contractions but they are still irregular, but now in addition to the heavy pressure during them I am starting to really feel them in my hips and back too. My 5 yr old son told me last week that the baby is coming "next week" (which would be this week) - and several ppl have told me today that they think it will be 2morrow (and they dont even know about the events from today lol). So we shall see!!
I'm heading to bed early tonight to try to get a good nights rest just incase. I see my midwife tomorrow, plus have 3 parent teacher conferences, kids are off school, grocery shopping to do, etc so it would be just my luck it would happen tomorrow lol.

January 25th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish you the best of luck and if he decides to come tomorrow I hope you have a quick and easy labor!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
January 25th, 2010, 10:12 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
How exciting!! Enjoy the anticipation...sounds like the little one will be here pretty soon!

I really like the waiting game...does that make me strange?!?!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

January 26th, 2010, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleBoobyDutyJen View Post
How exciting!! Enjoy the anticipation...sounds like the little one will be here pretty soon!

I really like the waiting game...does that make me strange?!?!
Doesn't sound strange at all. It reminds me a lot of the 2 week wait. All the anticipation wondering 'am i pregnant' and then finally getting to pee on that stick. And just like with the 2ww there's lots of ups and downs, analyzing each sign, the excitement and disappointment then anticipation and excitement again, etc. It's quite a ride, and then when it's over.............it's over and part of you wishes you were back on that ride again

Then there's that point during the worst of the contractions where you think "Dang - did I REALLY want to do this today????" lol

January 26th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Anisah's Avatar Mom of 4 + 1 in May 2010
Send a message via MSN to Anisah Send a message via Yahoo to Anisah
Aww, I soon will be in your shoes playing that game. For now I don't envy your spot on the team. The ball is yours.

It is exciting though. I can't wait to hear the news and read the birth story.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search