36 week appt today :)

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2010, 12:30 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
Had my 36 week appt today and the midwife was Very pleased to see me still pregnant If I make it 4 more days not only have I passed the point my last 2 babies were born at, but the one before that also

The contractions seem to be doing at least a lil something. Last week I was a 'fingertip' dilated, today a "loose" 1cm. She said she could probably fit 2 fingers but she didn't want to disturb anything. I had her check to make sure I wasn't leaking, and I'm not - so that's a good thing Told her about the contrax and diarrhea, she said she really has doubts that I'll make it to my appt next Tues. I'll see if I can prove her wrong lol.

She also said that if my water does break (which it tends to do before labor) she's ok with me waiting it out at home this time for up to 12 hours trying to get labor going. Last baby I had to go in sooner because he was up really high and she worried about the cord prolapsing. This baby though - his head is way down there and she said the only place that head is going is out so no worries about the cord. Otherwise - she said come in after contrax are 5 mins apart for an hour.

Guess that's about it. Oh and I gained back 1 of the 3 lbs I lost in the last 2 weeks.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

January 26th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you had a good appointment! I hope you'll make it till next week so you can prove her wrong!
January 27th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed you make it until next week! Yay for a great appointment!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 27th, 2010, 05:56 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Wow! You're getting so close! Hope baby decides to wait just a little longer! Great news about baby being so far down, and you being able to labor at home!!

January 27th, 2010, 07:34 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
stay in baby, stay in!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search