Totally new here....

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2010, 12:56 AM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello Ladies! I wanted to stop by this board to get some quick pointers! I am due with #3 on January 29th. I had been planning all along to have an epidural (as I did with my previous births).....but now, due to some blood count issues, I will be unable to receive one. I am scheduled for an induction for Friday (as I have never gone into labor on my own before) and am VERY concerned about how to handle the pain from the induction on top of not receiving any meds. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
January 27th, 2010, 05:18 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Laboring in water can be extremely helpful but I'm thinking they won't allow you to do that since you are being induced. Were you 42 weeks with your other pregnancies and then they decided to induce or were you induced at 40 weeks? I'm wondering if given enough time you may go into labor on your own without the induction....

Breathing is very important to staying relaxed and helping to reduce the pain. Laughter can really help you as well. I know it's hard to imagine it but laughing can help relax your uterus and cervix making birthing easier.

I wish I could offer more help. I hope that things so smoothly for you!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 27th, 2010, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husher View Post
Laboring in water can be extremely helpful but I'm thinking they won't allow you to do that since you are being induced. Were you 42 weeks with your other pregnancies and then they decided to induce or were you induced at 40 weeks? I'm wondering if given enough time you may go into labor on your own without the induction....

Breathing is very important to staying relaxed and helping to reduce the pain. Laughter can really help you as well. I know it's hard to imagine it but laughing can help relax your uterus and cervix making birthing easier.

I wish I could offer more help. I hope that things so smoothly for you!
I went to 42 weeks with my first before being induced....and with my second, my water broke at 40 weeks but I never went into active labor, so I was induced again.

I like to think my DH and I will make the best of the situation.....we do tend to get giggly at inappropriate times. So maybe that will help us this time!
January 27th, 2010, 06:08 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Yeah... I'm wonder how far along you were when you had the first two? I was told I wouldn't go into labor either but I did at 42 weeks and 3 days after 2 inductions (and being told I wouldn't go into labor on my own). Labor tends to be a lot faster and less painful when you go on your own. Maybe something to consider?
Otherwise I don't have much more advice than Husher.

Facebook
January 27th, 2010, 07:16 AM
noworries
If there is anything that really helps you relax, that is what you want to do. If you can completely relax your entire body, that really helps. Also, positive visualization.
January 27th, 2010, 07:28 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
well first of all, I would put off the induction. Pitocin contractions are much more intense for both you and baby- they start off very strong and squeeze baby tight. Just because you had issues in the past does not mean you won't go into labor on your own this time! Believe in your body! You can go for acupuncture treatments after 40 weeks to start labor, usually 2 treatments do the trick. MUCH safer for you and baby- not to mention acupuncture doesn't raise your chance of c-section!

You have the final say in your care!

here are some links for you to check out-

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...irth-fear.html (Emotional Preparation for Childbirth/ fear)

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...ain-labor.html (Pain in Labor)

there are lots of other good tidbits right in the subforum here on the board too!
January 27th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Thanks ladies!
January 30th, 2010, 05:36 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope everything went well yesterday!!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search