Qotd - 1/27/10

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
How often do you clean your house? Do you constantly pick up and try to clean all day or do you leave it for the end of each day? Do you leave most of it for one day of the week?

(Can you tell what I should be doing right now? )

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 27th, 2010, 11:25 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I have a routine. I will pick up the kitchen in the mornings while I am getting the kids breakfast. But I do not clean up the toys until they are in bed. There is no point at least to me to constantly pick them up.

January 27th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Pick up every day.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC
..........Jackie..........

January 27th, 2010, 12:33 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
I basically clean as needed. I pick up toys (well, make Tanith pick up her toys) in the evening. I vacuum every few days, load the dishwasher every couple of days. I tend to wipe down the kitchen when I'm cleaning up dinner. Do laundry when the hamper is full, that sort of thing.

January 27th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
when I feel like it. Somedays I pick up throughout the day, sometimes I let it go for a day or so and then have a big "cleaning day"

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

January 27th, 2010, 02:16 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
never lately! our house is a disaster! but our kitchen is clean

January 27th, 2010, 02:43 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
I leave it for the end, DS is tearing up the house all day long so it would be pointless. I try to save a lot of it for one day (like laundry, floors, etc) but otherwise keep up with it daily.

January 27th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I pick up toys every evening with Lily's help. I do laundry every other day or so, probably less now that Lily is potty trained and I don't have to wash the cloth diapers.

I always have a clean kitchen sink, I can't stand dishes in it. I sweep/mop and vacuum a few times a week. I clean the bathrooms 2x a week fully and wipe down the toilets/sinks/mirrors daily.

January 27th, 2010, 03:30 PM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since we don't have kids we do major cleaning just once a week on the weekend. I cook and Stefan cleans the kitchen every night (though it only gets a real good cleaning when I do it on the weekend). I'm sure I'll be doing much, much more once kids come along.
January 27th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I pick up throughout the day and get as much as I can done before bed. I usually am left with a few things to do at night though. I do major cleaning throughout the week, just a little bit here and there.

January 27th, 2010, 08:06 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ugh right now I am on crutches so my husband isnt doing his job and keeping things organized! I usually clean (Not deep clean) the kitchen everyday. Wipe down the counters, go around the edges with the vacuum hose, etc. (i am obsessed with doing that, don't ask why!) I vacuum the living room usually 2x a day because our silly dog is shedding really badly right now (she needs groomed soo badly)...I pick up after my sloppy hubby from the previous day....we actually deep deep clean maybe once a month? I fake deep clean once a week....like instead of actually scrubbing the floor, I swiffer mop...instead of scrubbing the toilet I use the clorox handy thing that barely requires any effort, etc.

We accumulate a TON of laundry for 3 people, so I do a load or two a day....and Sam is SUPOSSED to put it away...but usually I do that too

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
January 27th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelllilee View Post
when I feel like it. Somedays I pick up throughout the day, sometimes I let it go for a day or so and then have a big "cleaning day"
ditto!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

January 27th, 2010, 09:06 PM
3xCrazy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I try and do a room a day. kitchen one day, bedrooms next day, bathrooms the next day.. so on and so forth..

January 27th, 2010, 09:42 PM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
I try to pick up as I go along although a lot of the time it doesn't end up being that way (or at least it doesn't look like it!). I have a hard time keeping up with everything all the time though since we live with DH's family too (an additional 4 people).

January 28th, 2010, 05:27 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
I pick up here n there throughout the day, sweep at least twice a day because i'm forever stepping on cherrios.

As for deep cleaning goes though - that's on the weekends - serious mopping (spot mopping through the week), scrub down bathroom, dust, all that good stuff.

Lately though..........everything is falling a bit behind.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

January 28th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
All day... constantly picking up after kids. I can't stand the mess!

Facebook
January 28th, 2010, 01:06 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I do a few tasks a day. Toy pick up and dishes happen every day- dishes after meals and toys after Lily goes to bed, but those don't count as my daily clean up tasks. Laundry is every few days, I sweep the hardwoods every few days, vacuum the rugs once a week. We have a housecleaner that comes in once a month to do everything except laundry and dishes. Apparently that is the only way I can get a clean bathroom. I don't do bathrooms since I do everything else, and DH won't do them because he doesn't care what he sits on.
January 30th, 2010, 05:56 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so bad about cleaning up. Earlier in the pregnancy, I would do all the laundry and cleaning (bathrooms, vacuum, moping) in one day. Since she's getting heavier and my cervix is getting shorter, I have split those into multiple days. I did the vacuuming and moping one day, the laundry the next, and still need to do the bathrooms! I try to do dishes every few days and pick up the toys every night or so!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

January 30th, 2010, 05:25 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
I try to keep up with the dishes every day (although lately I've been horrible at that!...I so want a dishwasher!!), and pick up toys at the end of each the day after BE has been put to bed(it's pointless to do it throughout the day). Laundry gets done as needed every couple of days, and deep cleaning gets done a little here and there throughout the week (not all in one day)

I find it easier to focus one one thing each day rather than overwhelming myself with everything that needs to be done all at once, so I try to stick to this schedule, but I haven't been doing very well lately!
Sunday- Rest/spend time with family
Monday- Laundry, and grind & start soaking grains for baking day
Tuesday- Baking (bread, muffins, tortillas, etc..)
Wednesday- Clean (Kitchen/living room(dust & vacuum))
Thursday- Laundry
Friday- Clean (bathrooms/Vacuum)
Saturday- Run errands

January 30th, 2010, 08:06 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
I have a schedule for things. The kitchen like dishes, counter, stovetop, sweeping are everyday. Things like laundry, bathrooms, bedrooms, vacuuming are assigned to different days. So one day like Mondays I am clipping coupons, looking through the Sunday paper, going through mail.... Tuesdays I am cleaning the bathrooms, Weds I am cleaning the kitchen floor, fridge etc. It keeps things more spread out that way and only take about an hour but if I fall behind it isn't fun playing catch up!

ETA: I always have an empty sink. The dishes are loaded in the dishwasher as they're used and I just flip it on before bed then put them away in the am.... and the process starts all over.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search