How to find a new doctor or midwife?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2010, 11:02 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't even know where to begin. I "like" my current doctor but my last birth experience was horrible. I do not want a repeat happening. I need to make an appointment soon and have no idea where to begin to search. Any tips? I am in Rochester, NY (town of Greece). I also would really like to find someone who will do an u/s soon. I need to know if this baby is okay in there. With my history of loss, I feel like I am losing my mind.

Any tips on how to find a NCB friendly doc would be great!

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

January 28th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Here's MW, I'm not sure if there are Dr.'s on there or not. I've never looked for a Dr. before so I don't know how to... srry...

Find a midwife
Finding a Midwife

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 28th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I moved and needed to find a midwife I found a local Mom's board and asked who they recommended for a natural child birth. I got a lot of recommendations for the midwife I ended up choosing and I'm so glad I asked others who had experience in the area. Good luck in finding a care provider that you love - it's so worth the effort!
January 28th, 2010, 02:03 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
I found a ton of recommendations through my local Attachment Parenting group. You might also see if there is a crunchy mommy group on meetup.com or a similar site.

In the end I went with someone who popped up when I googled midwives in my city.

January 28th, 2010, 02:38 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
mothering.com has regional tribes on their message boards. You could find your local tribe and post there, I've had some great luck there recently connecting with local like minded moms.
January 28th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Hi neighbor! I'm originally from Rochester, near Greece! I'd definitely check out the tribal sections on Mothering as well as any local meetup groups. You can search for attachment parenting ones. Also, you can track down local doulas as well, they may know of doctors and midwives that are more naturally minded.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
January 28th, 2010, 05:56 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks girls! I never thought of those things. LOL

I do belong to a local AP yahoo group. I sent out a message and so far the one response was that there is a local midwife who does homebirth! I am so excited that that is an option for us. Dave and I just had a quick talk and he is agreed that if it's what I really want we can go that route. I wanted a homebirth so bad with Matthew but Dave wasn't totally onboard at that point. After my birth experience with Matthew he is all for the least amount of intervention possible.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

January 31st, 2010, 02:52 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
So glad you got a name of a local HB midwife!!! I hope that you are able to set something up with her.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search