never mind

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
never mind, i didn't mean to upset anyone so I'm just deleting it.

Last edited by Twhylite21; January 28th, 2010 at 07:08 PM.
January 28th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Yes it does bother me. If they start being rude about it I just say, "actually most "emergencies" are caused from all the interventions that are placed on all laboring women" and if they get all huffy and puffy I end the conversation.

I tell them to research it. If they choose not to that's find, but I'll let them know they don't have an arm or a leg in the convo really because I have researched it and again, end the conversation.

I had to do this on a debate about freebirthing on another site. I was passing/debunking what this one lady was saying and then she made this huge post about how she thinks "birth rape" and women who are against hospital policies are just conspirators etc etc... I just ended the debate there. I won't bother with people who are blatantly ignorant and don't even try to educate themselves.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 28th, 2010, 03:35 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
yes, but I could never tell someone their emergency wasn't a real emergency. Not straight up like that.
January 28th, 2010, 05:05 PM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
Well, from the medical standpoint, I just say, "Oh no, that's awful you had to go all the way to sleep for it". And when they say they weren't asleep, just numb, I know it wasn't a true emergency. If it is an absolute true emergency, we always go straight to sleep! No time at all to dose epidurals or put in a quick spinal.

Come visit my blog!
January 28th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Gobaby1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by niknok View Post
Well, from the medical standpoint, I just say, "Oh no, that's awful you had to go all the way to sleep for it". And when they say they weren't asleep, just numb, I know it wasn't a true emergency. If it is an absolute true emergency, we always go straight to sleep! No time at all to dose epidurals or put in a quick spinal.
I am so disappointed to have loved to have been a part of this board and come on to read this.

I did have an emergency section and I was awake, the spinal only took minutes to work, from the time the emergency button was hit at my bedside and put on O2 the baby was out in like 15mins... I don't know the exact time but it was FAST! There was only one instance that they would have had to knock me out but I didn't need it.

I had no interventions, had Colson on my 42week... no pit etc. The night before they tried a gel but nothing. I never went into labor, so yea it does happen. I was totally bummed after being sooo ready for a NCB to go the exact opposite. I never even had my membranes swept. Yes baby's HR go up and down and sometimes it goes too low. My baby for all intensive purposes out of fluids and couldn't handle the tiny contrax I was having that I never felt. So when you're sitting there thinking things are ok and then have people sprinting into your room while they "try to find the baby" and you're terrified he may not make it...

I HATED it when people said I was crazy for not getting induced or wanting a ncb but I guess people just judge no matter what side of the coin you're on.

So ladies as I have said before I thank you all so much for your help & support during my pregnancy and help for being at peace with my section but I now think its time for me to exit this board, for now anyway, its just still too new to read stuff like this.

And yes, I think you're lucky to have the birth you planned (if you did) but I think we're all just as lucky to have healthy beautiful babies that fill our hearts! I love my guy and that's that!

January 28th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm really sorry to upset you, that wasn't my intent. And your section sounds like a true emergency with the heartrate going super low and low fluids and being at 42 weeks. I was talking about people who see one decel and think that is an emergency even when it comes back up and all is okay after that.

January 28th, 2010, 07:11 PM
January 28th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I think we all have to remember to realize there are a few exceptions to every rule, and if you're that exception, you know we're not talking about you!

Gobaby1, I hope you realize that we aren't talking about situations like yours. You were a medical emergency. Your on the NCB forum so you know how it is with everyone crying emergency when it's really not.

Please realize that we do realize that you were an emergency and there are no second guesses on your situation **HUGS** I'm sorry you were hurt. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings in my post. Please understand I'm not talking about you!!! Only those who "think" they had an emergency when it wasn't.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 28th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I asked a question earlier about how people handle it when friends or family are induced just because or have a c-section due to having a "big baby" or whatever and all of the responses I got on there really made me think differently about other people's choices. I've turned my anger towards the government that feels like women don't know how to birth their own babies and towards most of the doctors out there that think women aren't strong enough for a natural birth or the ones that think our bodies aren't capable to getting the baby out on it's own, the media that has turned a beautiful miracle into a horror movie. It bothers me that all this crap has really buried itself deep into women and we are the bad ones for trying to get the truth out there! I am saddened for the women that never get that drive and desire to find out the truth about how powerful a woman's body really is. So, yes I get angry, but not necessarily at the woman who has been deceived.

*Edited just to add that I started writing this post 2 hours ago so I didn't see all the posts that were added since then. I am not trying to offend anyone either. I think those that are educated supporters of NCB are totally an exception. You know when you are being coerced into having an unnessesary c-section!*

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

Last edited by Tiff802; January 28th, 2010 at 08:11 PM.
January 28th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiff802 View Post
I asked a question earlier about how people handle it when friends or family are induced just because or have a c-section due to having a "big baby" or whatever and all of the responses I got on there really made me think differently about other people's choices. I've turned my anger towards the government that feels like women don't know how to birth their own babies and towards most of the doctors out there that think women aren't strong enough for a natural birth or the ones that think our bodies aren't capable to getting the baby out on it's own, the media that has turned a beautiful miracle into a horror movie. It bothers me that all this crap has really buried itself deep into women and we are the bad ones for trying to get the truth out there! I am saddened for the women that never get that drive and desire to find out the truth about how powerful a woman's body really is. So, yes I get angry, but not necessarily at the woman who has been deceived.
Brilliant! I think along these lines too.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 29th, 2010, 08:29 AM
yes, I know with myself, my resentment goes toward the system itself- not even the doctors sometimes- the insurance companies and policies and medical schools not even teaching old school basic hands on style of care. Not the patients.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search