Do/did you see a chiropractor during pregnancy?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2010, 04:46 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It seems like most of the Moms I know planning for NCB either see a chiropractor or are open to the idea of seeing one. But, when I mention that I see one to friends who aren't planning NCB they look at me like I'm crazy and say their OB said it's not safe. I didn't start seeing one until my 4th pregnancy but wow, what a difference. I felt great even up to the day I gave birth.

February 2nd, 2010, 05:42 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't see one with either of my pregnancies, but I will definitely see one with my next! I have actually never seen one, until now. I hurt my back (really bad, to where it brought me down to the fetal position, on my side in the kitchen floor) a week ago. I had seen my family doctor for lower back pain that I was having several months ago and I just didn't like how he handled it, pain meds, anti-inflammatory and MRI. Not much else. I had 3 bulging discs. So, I finally went to see a chiropractor, which come to find out I don't think any doctor likes them because most believe in your body healing itself without meds and surgery and we all know how most doctors weren't trained that way. I LOVE the Chiropractor so much! I can't believe it's taken me this long to go! That's really awesome to hear it made such a difference and I'm looking forward to experiencing it myself!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

February 2nd, 2010, 06:21 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm seeing one now before I become pregnant, and plan to continue during the pregnancy. The adjustments still give me the heebie-jeebies, but I'm amazed at how much better I feel after only 3.

February 2nd, 2010, 08:11 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I need to look into this myself- I have fibromyalgia and need something to keep me loose and functional when I start to get heavy.

And I rarely trust conventional docs to steer me in the right direction when it comes to anything "alternative"!
February 2nd, 2010, 08:22 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I went when I was pregnant with my son, for some disks that became misaligned. Honestly, it made things worse. Maybe she just wasn't very good. I opted for bedrest and heating pad for about 3 days and it seemed to help more than she did. I'm guessing my experience is not normal, and I'm also assuming that going when things aren't as bad as they were for me would feel pretty good.
February 2nd, 2010, 08:52 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I went to the chiropractor 4x a week from 28w on! First it was for a really bad back injury (face planted off my horse a couple years ago) and where Brylie was was putting pressure on what I hurt..and then after 32w I started getting webster technique done because Brylie was breech! She finally flipped at 35+2 My midwife was very supportive of me going to the chiro - in fact she suggested it. Our bradley instructor also encouraged it, and we also actually had a chiro and his wife in bradley with us and he said 90% of his clientele is pregtastic women

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
February 2nd, 2010, 09:43 PM
frugality=reality
I haven't been during pregnancy, but my chiropractor (who I haven't been to see in FAR TOO LONG) has the special table. I really want to get there this pregnancy. I'm already feeling major back issues-I never have felt this pain in my back during pregnancy before.
February 3rd, 2010, 12:05 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I love my chiropractor! I've seen him throughout my 2nd, 3rd and now 4th pregnancies. I have nerve damage from my epidural I had with my first, and it really flares up during pregnancy. The care I get from my chiropractor helps immensely!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
February 3rd, 2010, 02:07 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
I saw one with DS from about halfway until the end. He was great! I was having horrible hip pain (not sciatica) and I was a new woman after a couple of sessions. I kept going because it felt so good.

I will probably go for the last half of this pregnancy as well, just to keep things from getting out of whack.

Now if I could just get my insurance to pay for it!

February 4th, 2010, 12:14 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My midwife just recommended one to me today at my appointment. My baby has flipped breech (again) and this office specializes in the Webster method which apparently is very successful in turning breech babies. They mostly take care of pregnant women but do family care as well and are extremely pro natural birth so I think I'm going to try it. She said it'll help with all the pelvic pain I'm having as well so I'm excited to give it a go!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

February 4th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jenn - one of the reasons I first went to the chiro was that I had two breech babies at term (I did versions with them). The Webster technique had my next two babies head down and I felt so much better. Best of luck at your appointment, I am sure you will love it!

February 4th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Saw mine yesterday! We see him once a month normally and usually every two weeks when delievery gets closer. Our insurance doesn't cover it either, but it's worth budgeting for!

February 4th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I didn't but a good friend of mine did and she loved it. She is planning to actually have the chiro there during birth.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

February 4th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I went biweekly at first and then every week as my dd got closer, my midwife & doula both supported/encouraged it and it was wonderful. My chiro also was very supportive of my NCB plans and active lifestyle throughout my pregnancy. I really felt like all 3 ladies were essential parts of my birth team!

Thank you CupcakeJamie for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search