Did anyone have irregular contraction patterns?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2010, 08:39 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With Elizabeth, my contractions were less than a minute long and less than a minute apart. This was the ENTIRE LABOR - from first contraction to delivery. Every 10th contraction triple peaked and every 3rd or so double peaked (thus lasting a bit longer).

I had 3 hours of early labor and 4 hours of active labor (and 9 hours of pushing and a c/s, but that's beside the point. )

My midwife said that since it was such an irregular labor, she doubts it will happen again. However, I really would like for it to happen again, because I did it once and know I can handle it! Watching my best friend labor in a textbook pattern for hours with all these minutes in between contractions made me really never want to go through that! (Even though hers seemed much milder than mine for a lot of it- probably to do with the length of our labors.) I liked going so fast because I didn't have time to think about the pain!

What are my odds? I'd love to hear stories.

February 3rd, 2010, 10:01 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
With our 1st my contractions were like that. It was to the point where they told me I wasnt in labor just an irritated uterus. But when I dilated 2cm in 2 hours I wanted to say I told you so I told you so lol. With Katelynn Im not even sure how I would describe it. A few hours of intensity lol. She came really fast though.

February 4th, 2010, 07:45 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a pretty erratic labor. My contractions didn't come at regular intervals. One would come at seven minutes after the last one, then the next three minutes longer, then eight minutes, then five minutes, then four minutes, then one minute, then fifteen minutes... The contractions would get going really well and then stall out before the hour was up. I had the stop and start labor for a good twenty-four hours. We ended up going to the birth center when I had been having contractions an average of five minutes apart for one hour. I don't know if they leveled out at a regular interval after we got there because I didn't really time them anymore after that.

Last edited by cheezpoofs; February 4th, 2010 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Added Some Stuff
February 4th, 2010, 08:24 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I really don't know for sure, I think they were pretty regular...all I know is 9 hours from start to 10cm was fast enough for me!
February 4th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Mine started out at around 5 or 7 minutes apart, but quickly went to 2-3 min and then under 1 minute apart lasting for over a 1 minute. That's how they stayed until I pushed her out. My entire labor was under 7 hours and the majority was with contractions 1 minute apart or less. I never really had a break between contractions at all, even during pushing I felt like I needed to almost continuously push.

My midwives have told me that I should prepare to go faster this time and have the same kind of contraction pattern BUT it is also possible that everything will be different this time. So, I think that either way could happen. I am hoping for a shorter labor again versus a long one.

February 4th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My contractions were exactly 30 minutes apart for several hours, then went to 15, 12, 10, 8, 7, 5 and then after five minutes apart for a couple of hours they started going from right on top of one another to 3 minutes apart until pushing. About 22 hours from the very beginning to end. That was my second birth. I was induced with my first, so ya know...

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search