Ideas? (sort of OT)

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am throwing my friend a pregnancy celebration in a couple of months. I was wondering if you all had any ideas of what sort of things we could do. I am going to give her the option of making a belly cast, either do it a couple of days in advance and let everyone decorate it at the party or do it while everyone is there. Other than that, I'm not sure what else to do and I really want to make it fun and special for her. This is her second baby and first natural birth. Thanks in advance for your input!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

February 7th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I think the belly cast is a wonderful idea. I also like creating memory books at showers... pass a book around and let the women there write down positive parenting/birth experiences, or even share some of their best advice. I have one that was done at my shower with my first and I treasure it... I had a lot of older ladies there, and they certainly had a lot of wonderful wisdom to share. Also, instead of asking people to bring a card, you could ask them to bring a copy of their favorite children's book and write a little note inside to the baby.
Another idea is to ask people to bring a frozen dish so that the mama to be doesn't have a lot of cooking to do after the baby is born.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
February 7th, 2010, 03:26 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What about the henna tatoos? (I have no idea if you can buy a kit, but if you can and you or another friend is artistic those are quite pretty)

February 7th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, great ideas!!! I love the frozen food idea for gifts and a favorite book! I also love the henna idea, I am going to start searching online right now! Thanks ladies! Oh yeah, the memory book is a great idea too, I might suggest that at the baby shower she has.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

February 7th, 2010, 08:33 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I'm crappy at stuff like that....but I like the ideas given! The book idea especially, and the belly cast ahead of time sounds so fun!
February 8th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Also, instead of asking people to bring a card, you could ask them to bring a copy of their favorite children's book and write a little note inside to the baby.
We didn't do this for my baby shower, but I wish we had. I just started it as our own tradition for Anna's first birthday and asked everyone to bring a book instead of a card. It was a hit and we did the same, so I plan to continue it for future birthdays.

I don't have anything to add, but I would have loved to do this during my last pregnancy! What a special way to celebrate your pregnancy with other women in your life!

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

February 8th, 2010, 03:57 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
I know smoeone posted a thread a few months back about theirs. I wish I could remember the title!

One thing I've heard too, is that mom lights a candle, then everyone writes a prayer/wish for the baby/mom and burns the papers in the candle flame. Possibly a little too spiritual or pagan for some, but I really like it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search